AC Delco filter for 5.3L

No I was in the garage where it was flat. The diff has a drain plug so I go all of it out first, let it drain for a while. I used 1qt. jugs so I assume a small amount was left in each jug just be not being able to get it all out...and the truck was cold if that makes a difference. Should I drain some out of do you think I'm pretty close to the correct amount? I'm going to drop the trans pan today an do that as well so hopefully there will be no issues with that. I'll warm up the truck first though. And I agree with you about the common sense thing, it's better to say it than assume someone knows something!

The trans pan is pretty easy to remove. if you have the deep sump you will need to undo the rear tranny mount to jack the rear of the tranny up to get the pan off.

I have a drain plug but I've heard not many have been able to remove it. I think I have the deep pan, as it has a step in it. I used to do these all the time at the quick lube I worked at but it's been over 10-15 years now. I bought the kit for the deep pan so hopefully that is the right one.

So yea, I can't get the damn transmission pan down because of the shifter cable bracket...any suggestions? I can't get to the bolts for it on top to remove it and I'm stuck.

So yea, I can't get the damn transmission pan down because of the shifter cable bracket...any suggestions? I can't get to the bolts for it on top to remove it and I'm stuck.

Some people bend the bracket gently out of the way. You should be able to get to the bolts on top. They are Torx

http://www.truckmodc...read.php?t=4636

No I was in the garage where it was flat. The diff has a drain plug so I go all of it out first, let it drain for a while. I used 1qt. jugs so I assume a small amount was left in each jug just be not being able to get it all out...and the truck was cold if that makes a difference. Should I drain some out of do you think I'm pretty close to the correct amount? I'm going to drop the trans pan today an do that as well so hopefully there will be no issues with that. I'll warm up the truck first though. And I agree with you about the common sense thing, it's better to say it than assume someone knows something!

Check your differential using a homemade dipstick. An Allen wrench can work. A pipe cleaner that you can bend into a right angle and then slip it in. Just measure how far below the plug hole the level is. Refer to the OM

So I was able to get it. Four hours later, busted knee, knuckles and a few other bumps and I'm done. I removed the heat shield on the passenger side, and bent the bracket towards the drivers side giving me just enough space to get it out. Don't think I want to do this again for a while. What a terrible design! I remember when the bracket used to be secured but the pan bolts themselves, this was much better. I was going to do the plugs tomorrow but I think I'm done for a while. Anyway thanks for all the help and tips I really appreciate it.

What's e core

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

It's the Duraguard filter.... higher filtration. The other AC filter is called the "Classic"

Isn't e core the one with the plastic interior instead of the metal mesh deal

Archived