Hesitation after new muffler

scottmoyer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the way you spend money, just throw a new motor in there and catalytic converters and you have eliminated all possibilities, just saying.

You have no idea how I spend money. Replacing the fuel pump is warranted as it has been proven that the factory pump is known to go around 125k miles. I'm there! The throttle body is another issue, with the throttle position actuator being built in to it. Now I don't need to worry about these while travelling. Everything else was preventative maintenance that gets done at scheduled intervals (plugs, wires, air filter, differential fluids, brake fluid, xfer case fluid, brakes, etc). You do take care of these things BEFORE they break or cause another problem, don't you? The original MAF is back in the truck, so no costs there. I do appreciate your ability to offer some kind of a solution and add to the thread with intellectual thinking! :idiot:

My truck runs great except for this and I've spent less than $1k in seven years on this truck!!

For those following this topic, I put in some 93 octane BP gas. I usually use Sunoco, Mobil or BP and I am not seeing much difference with the high octane. I noticed a slight improvement, but not much. Again, this could all be wishful thinking.

Jenna, my truck was scary on wet roads the day Justin gave the tune. It was raining and I needed to be careful on the throttle or the truck would have just spun the tires or slid thru turns. Now, it almost feels like the truck is back to original, sluggish and not as responsive. I'll email you regarding the deposit. I think I'm interested in knowing what the parameters look like today compared to when the tune was done.

• 1 month later...

I want to thank Jenna and Justin for helping me with the hesitation issue. I sent them a data log from 30 minutes of all kinds of driving and nothing was found out of the ordinary. That gave me the idea that it's not the PCM, electronics, O2 sensors, etc.

A friend asked when my last transmission service was and I told him that I was due for one, but haven't done it due to chasing this issue. He said that the trans put the power to the rear wheels, so any hesitation, without codes, could be the trans. I took the truck to the dealer and had a trans service done. They replaced the filter and fluids and the hesitation is now gone.

Just goes to show that performing scheduled maintenance at the proper intervals can save a lot of headaches. My problem started about 10k miles ago and that was about the time the trans service was scheduled to be done. If I had done it then, I would not have been chasing this for so long.

Archived