No need to downgrade to a GMT900 yet.

HaHa! I can honestly say I've never heard that one before.

Well, GM did eliminate some nice features that LT GMT 800 trucks had as standard equipment. Decent bumpers, body color fender flares, rear window defroster, automatic dimming rear view mirror, torsion bar front suspension on the 1500 4WD models, and much better quality inner door panels and cloth seats. On the other hand GMT 900 trucks benefited from the new front suspension to give them a car like ride, and the dash has been lowered for better view of the road . Also, the new 6 speed auto transmission is a big improvement. However, addition of the AFM system on the 5.3 liter engine negated the upgrades in my opinion.

Edited by pm26

^^^^ That's the craziest post I've ever seen. The bumbers thing is kind of true, but it's not like any of the new trucks have good bumpers anymore. The fender flares are also a matter of opinion because I never liked the body colored flares, I only was ever interested in the black flares. I don't know about the next two (auto dimmer and rear defrost) because I've never had either in any of my trucks. However, the torsion front end is most definitely NOT better than coil over that the 900 series uses. The 900's ride better, are easier to modify, stronger, and have less problems. The 6 speed is a huge advancement and the new 5.3 has more power. I own a 99 Silverado and love my truck, but I've spent a lot of time in the 900 series trucks and they're heads and shoulders better than the 800's. They ride better, are stronger, drive better, pull better, control trailers better, haul better, have much better frames, have a better quality interior and better cab space. The only thing my truck has on the 900's is better off-road abilities because of it's approach angle.

• Like 1

ill take my 01 over any of that newer shit, i ran that mother ****er thru a fence and ditch (which it came out of in 2wd) going 50 mph and all it had was some body damage which me and a buddy replaced. It sustained no mechanical damage and still tracks straight as can be. I will never get rid of that truck

I replaced my water pump today. Its been leaking slowly for a while.

FYI the nut that mounts the fan to the pulley is 36mm. It took me two trips to two different stores before I found a crescent wrench large enough.

Tomorrow the axle seals go in.

I'm waiting for the fuel pump to go as well. 160k on the clock and counting...

• Like 1

^^^^ That's the craziest post I've ever seen. The bumbers thing is kind of true, but it's not like any of the new trucks have good bumpers anymore. The fender flares are also a matter of opinion because I never liked the body colored flares, I only was ever interested in the black flares. I don't know about the next two (auto dimmer and rear defrost) because I've never had either in any of my trucks. However, the torsion front end is most definitely NOT better than coil over that the 900 series uses. The 900's ride better, are easier to modify, stronger, and have less problems. The 6 speed is a huge advancement and the new 5.3 has more power. I own a 99 Silverado and love my truck, but I've spent a lot of time in the 900 series trucks and they're heads and shoulders better than the 800's. They ride better, are stronger, drive better, pull better, control trailers better, haul better, have much better frames, have a better quality interior and better cab space. The only thing my truck has on the 900's is better off-road abilities because of it's approach angle.

Better quality interior? With plastic tool shed wall door panels and cheapest looking lint collecting seats imaginable? Don't make me laugh. And if coil over strut suspension is so strong, why did they retain front torsion bar suspension on 2500 and 3500 series trucks?

I mean not to offend anyone, but the 800's were the reason I drifted away from GM. I think they were a mistake, and one of GM's worst designs- it wasn't until the 900's that I even started looking at GM's again.

It's just one man's opinion though ( and a lot of my friends ), On my thoughts of GM over the last 15 years or so.

you can easily get a nbs duramax for 20k thats what all the ones on the diesel site im on go for my buddy just sold his nbs for 17k, this one had tunes and all kinds of mods as well. you shouldnt have a problem finding one.

545686_334020316668643_1785788473_n.jpg

430036_10150590910026051_1527186755_n.jpg

I mean not to offend anyone, but the 800's were the reason I drifted away from GM. I think they were a mistake, and one of GM's worst designs- it wasn't until the 900's that I even started looking at GM's again.

It's just one man's opinion though ( and a lot of my friends ), On my thoughts of GM over the last 15 years or so.

I beg to differ on ALL of that.. The build quality of the 900's will never be as solid as the 800's. With fuel economy requirements and such, the thinner and lighter materials make it impossible. In my opinion, the 800 series trucks are the best trucks GM has put out to date.

• Like 3

I beg to differ on ALL of that.. The build quality of the 900's will never be as solid as the 800's. With fuel economy requirements and such, the thinner and lighter materials make it impossible. In my opinion, the 800 series trucks are the best trucks GM has put out to date.

Yes I agree with hockeypro, the 900's are nice trucks. But the 800's are still more of a "truck" compared to the 900 IMO.

I can attest with grapes experiance these things if nothing else can take a beating. In 2008 I got hit in the driver side fender by a 2007 trailblazer. The tb was totaled, as in no front end left but a sledge hammer got everything off my tire and I drove home and slapped a grille and fender on and chained the bumper to a tree and pulled it straight. I now feel really safe driving this truck. Mechanically, well is 304,500 miles enough to speak for itself. Stock motor btw, transmission went last summer but that was mostly my fault.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2