Turn Signal Mirrors

I bought a set of these off of amazon..anybody know tr easiest way to install them and how I wore them easily? I figured there was a way to just pop te mirror glass out instead f removing the whole door panel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check this out on AMZN: iJDMTOY Universal 14-SMD Side Mirror LED Turn Signal Arrows, Brilliant ... http://amzn.com/B008B86O7Q

Are you putting these on an LT that previously only had standard mirrors? If so, I'll be very interested to hear how it turns out. That is a good price for those if you can get them to work easily. Keep us updated on how it goes.

yes these are going on my 2012 silverado lt that has standard mirrors..i was wondering if anybody new how to wire these up to the turn signals? would it be easier to run a long wire to the front turn signals or is there actually a fuse location for each turn signal?? let me know what you guys think. i dont think ill have any problems actually installing these just was unsure of the wiring. thanks.

My truck came with heated mirrors. I recently change the mirrors to the ones that have signals, heat and pwr folding. The only part that does not work is the pwr folding. Signals and heat are in the stock harness already. If you have heated mirrors, chances are very good that you also have the wires for signals as well.

How do you know if your mirrors are heated or not?

Typically in the corner of your mirrors there is a little defrost looking picture. If still unsure hit your rear defrost button and see what happens to your mirrors (provided there frosty or covered in morning dew of course).

I finally got mine installed and it was pretty simple. Makes the truck look awesome. I will try and post some pics of mine soon. Below is the installation steps and everything you need to do the installation. It is a great add on for those that want the LED turn signal arrow for so cheap.

Side Mirror LED Turn Signal Arrow Lights

1. Disassemble the mirror and test the mirror LED arrow lights. (what I mean by this is take the arrow and make sure it fits your glass properly, also you should test that the lights actually work off your positive and negative terminals on battery.)
  2. Tape the LED arrow light on the back of the mirror.
  3. Remove mirror cover. (Use small flat head scredriver to pop mirror assembly out) (Use Hairdryer to heat up plastic so mirror will pop out)
  4. Route wire to car body.
  5. Route wire to headlights and tap wire into the turn signal.
  6. Tape off wires and reassemble everything.

Tools Needed:

1. Small Flat Head Screw Driver.
  2. Hair Dryer.
  3. Wire Strippers.
  4. Black Electrical Tape.
  5. Wire.

All in all this takes about an hour to do both mirrors. Of course if you take your time and do everything properly like I did. Its a simple installation. Thanks guys.

My truck came with heated mirrors. I recently change the mirrors to the ones that have signals, heat and pwr folding. The only part that does not work is the pwr folding. Signals and heat are in the stock harness already. If you have heated mirrors, chances are very good that you also have the wires for signals as well.

What year is yours??

• 4 weeks later...

Archived