Could there be a 2014 Silverado Classic?

When the new GMT 900 2007 Silverado came out, I really didn't like it. It was ugly, but as time goes by I grew to like it. I was used to the 800 body style. Even though the new 900 Silverado came out in 2007, Chevrolet still had the 800 body style for model year 2007 but under the name "Silverado Classic". Could GM possibly make a 2014 Silverado Classic under the 900 platform just like the 2007 800 classic?

nonthing special with the term classic just a fancy way of saying left overs and selling them at a high price because of the word (classic)

High price? Yes classic is just fancy for older generation but our generation's "classics" weren't sold at no premium. If they were where you are at then you were getting ripped off. Where I bought mine they were selling them for less just so they could get rid of them and get the "new" models in and selling.

nonthing special with the term classic just a fancy way of saying left overs and selling them at a high price because of the word (classic)

No special pricing, not even a special badge. Just a Silverado that happens to be the previous body style. When the last Malibu came out in 2007 the old ones became rental-only Chevrolet Classics though, that was the only time I had heard of them actually labeling something as such.

I remember as a little kid going into a ford dealership with dad and he was looking at fords and they had a poster showing what looked like my dads old truck all nice and new calling it a classic style or something like that . I think it was the model change when fords use to have egg shell shape fronts in there f150s .

• 2 months later...

When the new GMT 900 2007 Silverado came out, I really didn't like it. It was ugly, but as time goes by I grew to like it. I was used to the 800 body style. Even though the new 900 Silverado came out in 2007, Chevrolet still had the 800 body style for model year 2007 but under the name "Silverado Classic". Could GM possibly make a 2014 Silverado Classic under the 900 platform just like the 2007 800 classic?

No,no "classic" is planned.

No special pricing, not even a special badge. Just a Silverado that happens to be the previous body style. When the last Malibu came out in 2007 the old ones became rental-only Chevrolet Classics though, that was the only time I had heard of them actually labeling something as such.

The body style before that was called a classic too. My wife and I test drove one 4 or 5 years ago at the local dealership. Said Malibu Classic on the back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Frankly I doubt it - the 2013 production runs are over and the retooling has begun - new trucks rolling off the line in April.

I read somewhere that they produced extra 2013 trucks (maybe too many) to hold them over until the new trucks are out.

A clue is that even though they are announcing them in 2013 they are 2014 models.

In 07 with the HD line they did not call them 08's so we had the Classic and the NBS

In 99 with the SUV line we had some old style 2000 and new style 2000 - esp in the Tahoe

I don't remember with the 1500 series trucks.

The 1999 OBS GMC Sierra's actually had a "CLASSIC" nameplate added to the tailgates....

The 1999 OBS GMC Sierra's actually had a "CLASSIC" nameplate added to the tailgates....

Yes they did. But there are so few of them out there no one really knows anything about them

• 1 year later...

I had a '99 Classic too great truck. All my friends didn't believe me either because of the New '99 Silverado. I had to show them my registration.

I miss my 99 classic. Every parts guy got confused that I had a 99 with a 350 in it

Archived