Texting while driving

ninjaguy_fl

I think texting, internet in vehicles should be eliminated period. Texting is stupid anyway, if iam texting someone which I have never done instead of doing all that typing junk iam just gonna call the person and be done with it, hell the cell phone is right in your hand.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are your feelings about texting and driving? Can you do it safely? I can and am getting upset by legislators telling me what i can do in my truck. Talking to kids in the back seat is the highest form of distracted driving and you've all seen what else goes on behind the wheel. Existing and proposed laws can not be enforced because EVERYONE has a cell phone that texts. Your thoughts?

Your kidding right? Funny how I was on my way to work this morning and they were giving the statisticsof car accidents while driving on the radio. Those of you that do this are just plan nuts. I was driving down the interstate and there was a guy in the left lane steering with his knees while texting. Guess that text couldn't wait

In time and most likely a short time this will cause more deaths than drinking and driving ever has. All I can say is that I hope you don't kill yourself or anyone else because that text couldn't wait until you were not behind the wheel.

What about sexting is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol you must have a bad sex life ......... I know your joking or that is what I am going to assume .

Lmao 100% joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll text something to my office if I'm on a road with little to no traffic - or puttering through a residential street. Even that is pretty rare. Law or no law, I'll continue to do it if and when I want to though.

Not a good idea, fines and points need to be higher to curtail some of this, like DUI, there will always be some that do it...

And in WI where it takes 8,9, 13 DUI'S before they actually do something. Wanna get a drunks attention? Make the fines exponential and/or percetange of their yearly gross income. A $10K fine or 25% of gross income, whichever is higher, for a first offense may stop most people from doing it again.

I dont text even though I have a smartphone. Hell I dont even like talking on it while driving even hands free. Racing cars I dont even like to talk to my CC/owner on the radio in a race. Always drives me nuts especially in turns. Need to tell me something, it can wait until I come up to the start/finish straight.

Already bitched out some idiot girl who damn near knocked me off my bike while texting. Wish I was in my truck (old one before I got the GMC this fall) and would had just let her slam into the truck. If she couldnt "see" me right next to her drivers door on the bike, she sure as hell wouldnt had seen the big black dodge either.

Not a good idea, fines and points need to be higher to curtail some of this, like DUI, there will always be some that do it...

And in WI where it takes 8,9, 13 DUI'S before they actually do something. Wanna get a drunks attention? Make the fines exponential and/or percetange of their yearly gross income. A $10K fine or 25% of gross income, whichever is higher, for a first offense may stop most people from doing it again.

I dont text even though I have a smartphone. Hell I dont even like talking on it while driving even hands free. Racing cars I dont even like to talk to my CC/owner on the radio in a race. Always drives me nuts especially in turns. Need to tell me something, it can wait until I come up to the start/finish straight.

Already bitched out some idiot girl who damn near knocked me off my bike while texting. Wish I was in my truck (old one before I got the GMC this fall) and would had just let her slam into the truck. If she couldnt "see" me right next to her drivers door on the bike, she sure as hell wouldnt had seen the big black dodge either.

Yea she was a dumass for texting and almost hitting you but I find motor bikes are a high chance to get hit. she prob checked her mirrors but not her blind spot or just glanced over and looked and did not see a vehicle just a empty spot because she was not looking for a motor bike small little vehical. Being on a bike is a dangerous choice and most people that own them will get in some kind of accident Not saying your one of these bikers its just for the most part drivers are not expecting them . The bikes come up quick(over the speed limit) in a blind spot . It also seems like alot of bikers use both sides of a vehicle to pass. I seen a few times where a bike will come up so quick like way over the speed limit. This happens all the time to drivers with bikes . person driving car is going to pass a truck or needs to move over lanes . looks in rear view mirror checks mirror and blind spot all in 1 second and begins to move over . A motor bike comes up in the pasting lane ziping past cars and almost collides into the car moving over to pass a slower vehicle or because the person needed to move over for a exit up head. I find most biker problems is because they are going just to fast and they are harder to see because people are just not looking for them. Also most women dont think about driving while driving . Women think about other things while driving and not take in the situation and look for dangers around them . (not saying all women are like this) there is a reason why guys have higher accidents rates guys are always the one driving if a women is around . Look at any family or couple it will be the guy driving . Most bikers are offensive drivers not defensive drivers. I myself will admit most crotch rocket bikers annoy me because when they are near me its like a little kid that you can accidentally step on that is running around a mall full of people darting in and out. For the most part 9 times out of ten I dont feel sorry for a biker that gets hit . If the biker is speeding and that is in most cases the biker is speeding (fast machine =hard not to speed in) i dont feel sorry for him or her. I dont know what it is with owning a bike and being stupid but all you have to do is search on you tube a bit and see bikers treat public roads as there own speed way .

I have seen a guy on a motorcycle text and drive. I post here while I drove if I'm going out of town. But I use the voice typing feature.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Ok, people, so figure this out... I'm not sure about nationwide statistics, but in Florida, where it is still legal to text and drive, over the past two years, where, in my opinion, texting has really grown in usage, vehicle fatalities have gone DOWN 2 percent. Texting up, fatalities down. All the more reason to support texting while driving.

Ok, people, so figure this out... I'm not sure about nationwide statistics, but in Florida, where it is still legal to text and drive, over the past two years, where, in my opinion, texting has really grown in usage, vehicle fatalities have gone DOWN 2 percent. Texting up, fatalities down. All the more reason to support texting while driving.

I wonder what the may reason is for accidents going down 2 percent ? older population more safe drivers ? People driving less with fuel prices ? I wonder if the cell phone was not invented what the accident rate would be then ?

I figured it out! Texting while driving in traffic has nothing to do with this statistic. Anyone with half a brain knows that looking down to text with a touch screen phone completely takes away your attention from the road. There is a reason so many places are inacting laws for this, they don't make laws out of no where for no reason.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

I figured it out! Texting while driving in traffic has nothing to do with this statistic. Anyone with half a brain knows that looking down to text with a touch screen phone completely takes away your attention from the road. There is a reason so many places are inacting laws for this, they don't make laws out of no where for no reason.

In BC your not even aloud to hold the cell phone.

In BC your not even aloud to hold the cell phone.

Ontario as well...I won't do it in heavy high speed traffic. It's just dumb. But on the open road with nobody around sure why not.

I think texting, internet in vehicles should be eliminated period. Texting is stupid anyway, if iam texting someone which I have never done instead of doing all that typing junk, I am just gonna call the person and be done with it, hell the cell phone is right in your hand.

Hell, if your gonna call the Person, you may as well use the Truck's Bluetooth (if your VCIM is Equipped with it.) or if you have the Subscription and the minutes, Use the Cell Phone that OnStar BUILT INTO THE TRUCK! (NOTHING Pisses me off more than seeing someone with a Cell Phone Glued to their Ear, and their GM Vehicle is Equipped with OnStar!)

Archived