Why/what/will you upgrade to the K2XX?

My 2007 is still going strong at 85k miles, so I don't see buying a new truck unless this one gets totaled or something.

My wife's Honda Pilot, though, is at about 130k, and she's been eyeing Suburbans for more room for the family, so I think we'll wait a couple of years and see what the 2014-2016 Suburbans look like and their pricing.

I really hope they pay attention to the interior on the trucks, the Tahoe/Suburban interiors are very similar, but my mom's 2007 LTZ interior leather and faux-wood-grain finish still looks great after 6 years. Clean design, just needs some updating. Overall materials held up quite nicely.

My 2007 SLE2 gets brutalized quite a bit more so it's not quite as fancy. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a grand plan for my next GMT that I've been working on since paying off the current rig (which with 65k and as perfect as Day 1 isn't going anywhere when the new one arrives). Guess my biggest decision is Chevy or GMC depending on how the styling turns out tomorrow. It is going to be tough to sleep tonight, I have cleared all of tomorrow's meetings and appointments, and fully plan on spending a few hours with the office door shut in complete isolation except for my laptop at 9:30am.

I have a grand plan for my next GMT that I've been working on since paying off the current rig (which with 65k and as perfect as Day 1 isn't going anywhere when the new one arrives). Guess my biggest decision is Chevy or GMC depending on how the styling turns out tomorrow. It is going to be tough to sleep tonight, I have cleared all of tomorrow's meetings and appointments, and fully plan on spending a few hours with the office door shut in complete isolation except for my laptop at 9:30am.

Hahaha...me too. Door shut, computer on. BTW...go HOKIES, at least we got a bowl game at 6-6; Class of '06 here.

So I'll definately be ordering a crew cab, 6.5' bed Sierra the next go round. After this morning's reveal I can hardly contain my excitement for my next truck. My plan goes something like this.

My current truck has been paid for a few months now, and I'll keep her until the wheels fall off. However, my plan is to save that payment money, month by month, until about September 2014 (which will be the 7-yr anniversary of my current rig purchase and I should be approaching 100k or so). I'll order sometime in the 3rd quarter of '14, unless there are some new items coming out on the '15 models (8speed, engine tweaks, package updates, etc.) to get excited about, in which case I'll be sure to order one of those. By that point, the trucks will have been on the market for a little over a year, so all of the little bugs should have been worked out by then. In addition, the aftermarket will have developed enough at that point to offer quality products for the new design. I will spend the next year planning my lift, tire/wheel combo, shocks, exhaust, tune, etc. based upon research on this forum and others, such that I can have all of those parts ordered and on hand when the new rig arrives. As soon as my new truck hits the dealer lot, its off to the shop to have the new mods installed all at one time.

Its a great plan, but considering how much I like what I see thusfar of the GMC, I better stay away from the dealer lots this summer or who knows what will happen.

So I'll definately be ordering a crew cab, 6.5' bed Sierra the next go round. After this morning's reveal I can hardly contain my excitement for my next truck. My plan goes something like this.

My current truck has been paid for a few months now, and I'll keep her until the wheels fall off. However, my plan is to save that payment money, month by month, until about September 2014 (which will be the 7-yr anniversary of my current rig purchase and I should be approaching 100k or so). I'll order sometime in the 3rd quarter of '14, unless there are some new items coming out on the '15 models (8speed, engine tweaks, package updates, etc.) to get excited about, in which case I'll be sure to order one of those. By that point, the trucks will have been on the market for a little over a year, so all of the little bugs should have been worked out by then. In addition, the aftermarket will have developed enough at that point to offer quality products for the new design. I will spend the next year planning my lift, tire/wheel combo, shocks, exhaust, tune, etc. based upon research on this forum and others, such that I can have all of those parts ordered and on hand when the new rig arrives. As soon as my new truck hits the dealer lot, its off to the shop to have the new mods installed all at one time.

Its a great plan, but considering how much I like what I see thusfar of the GMC, I better stay away from the dealer lots this summer or who knows what will happen.

I'm in the same boat as you are my friend, but I got 10 more payments on mine...probably sell mine privately, so I can get more out of it & then make a pretty good sized down payment But Idk, if I wanna wait til '14 or '15.

No idea for sure. I've been happy with this truck but when the time comes to replace it I'll probably give Ford and Ram a glance again too. I'd like a fast/fun car but I need a truck and can't really swing two new vehicle payments so it will have to be something that is an all-arounder. Unless life changes by then I'll probably just aim for the go-fast configuration of a reg. cab/shortbed with the biggest engine and lowest axle gears possible as I have no real need for a back seat- it just becomes another area to put stuff and the new reg. cabs from Ford and Ram have tons of space behind the seats, I assume/hope GM will follow suit.

I agree crew cabs are more like cars, real trucks are regular cabs. I'll probably buy another regular cab. 1 ton fully loaded.

I agree crew cabs are more like cars, real trucks are regular cabs. I'll probably buy another regular cab. 1 ton fully loaded.

It isn't that I feel that crew cabs are more carlike- crew cabs have been around forever. Only reason I have an extended cab now is GM really limits your options if you get a reg. cab, plus their cabs are much smaller than the F-150 or the Ram. I don't really see kids being in my future so the space in back is just more storage. If the new GM reg. cabs have a good amount of space behind the front seats and I can get one optioned how I want, I'll be all over it. If not, I'll either get one configured like my current truck (ex. cab/6.5' bed) or I'll be forced to move on to Ford or Ram which would be a shame because the new GMs look terrific.

This is how you do it, nice plan IMO.

I'm hoping peolple start trading in their low mile 6.2's for the new trucks, and I can jump on one for a good deal.

I am precisely doing that. I have 5000 miles on this 2011 with the below mods. This is not my DD anyways

im gonna wait a few years for the 8 speeds.

but part of me wants to continue on with my truck, maybe do some serious modifications, since i can no longer have an extended cab long bed (8') in a 1500 and i dont really need a 2500.

agreed . the GMT800 platform has proven to be very reliable for me and they hold up well with high miles. ill move on to a new truck once i get around 150 to 170k

with me just crossing 150k miles......it'll still be tough to let go lol.

Archived