looking for a good tune?

Unr3al11

The one from Black Bear is tailored to you and your driving. It includes removing torque management and adjusting shift points and firmness. I never had my 4.8 on a dyno to find the difference. Right now I have a cutom dyno tune on my truck. 345 hp at the crank stock. I'm putting 325.1 hp to the wheels now. Figuring about a 15% driveline loss, that should be around 375 to the crank

Black Bear does custom tunes, the Diablo Sport products have preset tunes.

Can't really give HP or torque gains because EVERY engine performs differently, even if they are the same. To many factors in place to give a naccurate set HP/TQ gain.

Go with a custom tune from BBP, you will be glad you did.

You have another option. The cost may be higher but they usually include any future tweaks as you add stuff, change tire size and the like. If you have any local Dyno shops you will be able to see your before and after results as he will run it as is and then make adjustments and run it as many times until he and you are happy.

The off the shelf tunes suck. Had one before, Now have Blackbear Tune. Day and night difference. Well worth the money, and it wasn't much more than off the shelf.

I wish I could say the same for myself. I had my truck tuned by Black Bear and I can't tell a major difference. Sad to say. I love my truck and it's awesome, But I don't know if it's my intake/exhaust giving out the performance or the tune :/ Not saying that It didn't help but it wasn't significant enough that I noticed. What I might need to do is go back to stock and drive it for a couple weeks then load the tune back and see if I can catch the improvement.

It all depends on what and how much you change too. My biggest thing was the transmission adjustments. Shifts so much smoother with my tune. I previously had a hypertech programmer and it did not address trannys. With the hypertech my milage on the 8.1 went down( haha 8.1 and milage in same sentence) and I could not tell a difference. That being said, every truck is different. What works for some won't for others.

I did tuning chips, diablo sports predator, catbacks, CAI's and basucally they made lots of noise and didn't do much more. Perhaps a little and some placebo effect.

Purchased the new 05. Sold my waisting away, hardley ever used Kawasaki 650 Praire ATV for 5k and @ 5k miles tosssed it under the hood in the form of a turn key installed Radix and put a Corsa Catback on and gained 93.8HP @ 71Torque on the maggie supplied tune and never looked back or regretted it.

Then 1st gear thrust bearing went @ 40k and I built it up a bit, purchased HPtuners, dropped a pully size and put it to the Dyno and got gained another 27.5 HP @ 36.1 Torque for a final 387.2 HP / 395.6 Torque at the rubber. Man in the cooler weather she has to be in the low 400 numbers. Fun.

She is no monster but sure is fun and I can feel every pennies worth of HP per $. Save, beg borrow and steal and get forced induction. 65+K now and she still loves me. With a Magnuson and Corsa she runs and behaves gentel as stock and not much louder thanks to the Corsa but answers my call when mashing it. Details in sig.

Dont look at it as 'how much more power' The power will be there, Its the cleaning up he does that makes it great..the truck will start easier..It will idle smoother, You,ll pick up 2-4 mpg,s, the 30 sec delay for full throttle will be gone, you can adjust the torque managment, tire size, shift points and firmness, Etc....

The truck will be much more effecient, Well worth the money..The off the shelf handhelds are a waist, If you can do the In-person tune Then you can get the autocal to make any and all adjustments in the future.

Dont look at it as 'how much more power' The power will be there, Its the cleaning up he does that makes it great..the truck will start easier..It will idle smoother, You,ll pick up 2-4 mpg,s, the 30 sec delay for full throttle will be gone, you can adjust the torque managment, tire size, shift points and firmness, Etc....

The truck will be much more effecient, Well worth the money..The off the shelf handhelds are a waist, If you can do the In-person tune Then you can get the autocal to make any and all adjustments in the future.

Get him to cut the AC compressor around 35K too.

Archived