Dyno loss.

Chris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As do ours. It's all based on the company blending the fuel. Most premium basestock is 91 octane to start with. The addition of 10% ethanol makes it 94 by the math.

Similarily 87 octane now starts life around the 84 octane mark as it is mandatory to blend 10% ethanol in it which gets you your 87 octane number. One vendor prior to this rule change actually sold 90 octane regular and 94 premium. The reason was your basestock at that time was actually 87 octane and adding the 10% ethanol bumped up the fuels antiknock rating. Once it became mandatory to blend ethanol in all regular gas the refineries dropped the octane of the basestock...... or tell people they did anyway.

Not that it really matters, lol.

Swap, no not yet. I just buy trucks that have 80E's to start with only being either 1500HD's or the oddball light duty 2500's( same truck as the 1500HD for everything..... just cost more to insure as they are badged a 3/4 ton).

When I do swap one ( once I get a regular cab short bed 4X4 03-07) I will do the exact same thing as my buddy did with his wiring wise. Just leave the 60E's harness, move a couple wires add 2 relays to do some polarity reversion and run it with the 60E's tune. T case is easy as the 246 comes with the 80E, lengthen and shorten some driveshafts and build a crossmember, or mod the existing one. It's not a bolt in swap, no....... but then the KB racing turbo I am putting on my 04 light duty 2500 really isn't either. But I have a friend that did his own and a couple of his friends trucks already for the trans..... and the turbo too actually. His truck is a turbo'd 5.3 with a 4L80E, and NVG 149 AWD t case in a slammed reg cab short bed 4X4.

What can they handle????? No idea....... but it's a lot more than most ever play with. A lot of guys say around 800 HP but then weight is a big factor too. It's a tougher trans than a 400 IMO, and they are somewhat related but not really.

If I don't know the person in reality I honestly have no sense of ha ha on the internet, lol.

They made the 1500hd from 03-07 and the 2500 non-had from 01-03 I thought?

ur buddies ride sounds nasty! I'd like to see that in action, I'm gonna try get to some drag racing events in Alberta this summer. I'm on the hunt for some stock rims right now...that's crazy they can handle that much from factory. I'd have to see that to believe it tho, I've heard 550-600 is magic number for the 80...

Chawkin when you plannin on doin this? Gonna be one nasty build!!

Over time as the funds become available. I want to take a vacation so that will take up some of the money. Tranny will run me almost 4 grand after all is purchased for the conversion. My vacation will run a grand or 2.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I can't run long tubes. Damn emissions. But I did find some mid length headers from Bassani. I will end up getting those.

I have to find CA legal cats now. Looking at the magnaflow universals to be mated to the headers. Can't do a long tube so mid length it is

They made the 1500hd from 03-07 and the 2500 non-had from 01-03 I thought?

ur buddies ride sounds nasty! I'd like to see that in action, I'm gonna try get to some drag racing events in Alberta this summer. I'm on the hunt for some stock rims right now...that's crazy they can handle that much from factory. I'd have to see that to believe it tho, I've heard 550-600 is magic number for the 80...

Chawkin when you plannin on doin this? Gonna be one nasty build!!

Nope on the ages. 1500HD was built from 01-03 along with the light duty 2500's. Then in 2004 GM dropped the 1500HD altogether and only built light duty 2500's. Starting in 2005 GM dropped the light duty 2500 altogether and reinstated the 1500HD name through to the end of the GMT800's. Trust me, you will not find a 1500HD from 2004 because they don't exist. The name was taken out of the owners maual.

2004 is also the first year GM made a real crew cab half ton..... so I guess they figured they didn't need the 1500HD anymore as it was filling that market for them. Problem was it was popular...... and like I said, a 2500 is more money to insure regardless. The commerical insurance on my 1500HD is about $1150 a year with full coverage beyond glass. My personal coverage on the same truck was maybe $800 a year. The 04 is almost $1000 a year for the same personal coverage...... just because it's called a 3/4 ton.

Stock rims huh....... Like those ugly PYO's I have kicking around lol. Power and weight are fairly relative.... Guess I will find out when I push my 04 and see what it's stock 80E can take. My "buddy" keeps trying to sell me his truck..... but I don't want it. It's awesome but not what I would do.

Nope on the ages. 1500HD was built from 01-03 along with the light duty 2500's. Then in 2004 GM dropped the 1500HD altogether and only built light duty 2500's. Starting in 2005 GM dropped the light duty 2500 altogether and reinstated the 1500HD name through to the end of the GMT800's. Trust me, you will not find a 1500HD from 2004 because they don't exist. The name was taken out of the owners maual.

2004 is also the first year GM made a real crew cab half ton..... so I guess they figured they didn't need the 1500HD anymore as it was filling that market for them. Problem was it was popular...... and like I said, a 2500 is more money to insure regardless. The commerical insurance on my 1500HD is about $1150 a year with full coverage beyond glass. My personal coverage on the same truck was maybe $800 a year. The 04 is almost $1000 a year for the same personal coverage...... just because it's called a 3/4 ton.

Stock rims huh....... Like those ugly PYO's I have kicking around lol. Power and weight are fairly relative.... Guess I will find out when I push my 04 and see what it's stock 80E can take. My "buddy" keeps trying to sell me his truck..... but I don't want it. It's awesome but not what I would do.

Ya I want to put stockers on for drag racing, 35's and 20's kill my times...although is still pretty damn quick considering :-)

I am not sure about that one. When I do the next change and have them adjust it ill get a different graph. Problem is the girlfriend wants to get away for a weekend, then get away for spring break. That will take away from my truck money

Here is my dyno sheet they made. It only shows HP vs Speed. But maybe it says the dyno type on it

post-23150-0-22630800-1357248963_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand that chart you posted. Is there another one they gave you with some information on it you can post? Would be nice to see some numbers from that engine/tune combo.

No unfortunately not. He ran the speed vs HP. And that's what he emailed to me.

Archived