AC Delco PF48 to PF63

I was wondering if any of y'all had use the AC Delco PF63 oil filter. I have a 2010 GMC Sierra SLT "All-Terrain" with the 5.3L/325CI, 6L80E Tranny, 3.42 rear end with the G80. So far I'm pleased with it, has the anti-drainback valve and its around an inch taller. The stock PF48 filter is too small for my liking, so I was looking for a longer filter and found the PF63 to work.

The only downside is its hard to find, I found mine at O' Reillys in stock, the gentlemen said it was more of a special order.

The Places I couldn't find it at; Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Napa, Carquest and Pep Boys.

Just wondering if any of y'all have done this, also I did look into a filter relocation kit.

Daniel

post-75122-0-22129500-1358104991_thumb.jpeg

Just because you think it's to small doesn't mean gm engineers don't know best. Use what is required or don't complain when you have a possible issue related to using wrong parts

Ryan

My new Enclave came with a PF48 filter from the factory and you wanna know what the filter says on it?? Replace with a PF63 filter!!! It calls for a PF63 yet they use a PF48! Why? I am guessing that they have a lot of those and they are just trying to use them up... just my thought on it.

When I was at my dealer getting a filter for the Enclave I ask if I could use these on my truck. The guy I know there said there was a clearance issue with using them on it. Hmmm maybe they are to low? I have not tried to fit one on it yet, but I will when I change the oil next time.

Rockauto has a good price on these filters and if you use the 5% discount codes that you can google you will even save more. I ordered 12 of them from RockAuto for $50.00 shipped. Might also want to just the cost at your local dealer too.

• Like 1

The larger in length filter is no better than the shorter one. The longer filter will only hang down to far and give you no benefit. Stick with the one GM has listed for our trucks, PF48.

Why would you want to relocate the oil filter? There is nothing wrong wit hit's placement to begin with.

The larger in length filter is no better than the shorter one. The longer filter will only hang down to far and give you no benefit. Stick with the one GM has listed for our trucks, PF48.

Why would you want to relocate the oil filter? There is nothing wrong wit hit's placement to begin with.

So I could put any size filter I want on it.

My new Enclave came with a PF48 filter from the factory and you wanna know what the filter says on it?? Replace with a PF63 filter!!! It calls for a PF63 yet they use a PF48! Why? I am guessing that they have a lot of those and they are just trying to use them up... just my thought on it.

When I was at my dealer getting a filter for the Enclave I ask if I could use these on my truck. The guy I know there said there was a clearance issue with using them on it. Hmmm maybe they are to low? I have not tried to fit one on it yet, but I will when I change the oil next time.

Rockauto has a good price on these filters and if you use the 5% discount codes that you can google you will even save more. I ordered 12 of them from RockAuto for $50.00 shipped. Might also want to just the cost at your local dealer too.

Cool I'll have to look into that.....thanks!

You are wasting your time and causing "possible" problems trying to claim warranty if you have engine failure.

But, I'm probably wasting my time telling you this anyways.

You didn't invent the wheel here.

It's been discussed.

Man, you could rig it up, so you are running foot long D10 Cat engine oil filters, you can do whatever you want.

It will be a waste though.

You will gain nothing.

Except your filter will now be lower.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by tanked_darren

#PIP4889: Engine Break In Oil Filter Number PF48 From New Delivery - Not The Same As The Service Number PF63 In Owners Manual - (Mar 8, 2011)

Subject: Engine Break In Oil Filter number PF48 From New Delivery - Not The Same As The Service number PF63 In Owners Manual

Models: 2011 Buick LaCrosse

2011 Buick Enclave

2011 Chevrolet Traverse, Equinox

2011 GMC Acadia, Terrain

Only with engine RPO Codes LF1, LFW, and LLT 3.6L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Some customers may comment that the oil filter # the engine came from the factory with is not the same # required for service per the owners manual and gm parts catalog. Engine was delivered with AC Delco PF48 and Service Oil Filter is AC Delco PF63

Recommendation/Instructions:

The PF63 filter has the same high quality attributes as the PF48 with but is 22mm longer which will provide an additional 22 mm of media filtration material. There will also be additional filtration protection during high mileage oil change intervals. The PF63 filter is a NEW release for the 2011 model year. These 2011 engines will be built with a break in oil filter of PF48 with service replacement being PF63.

The PF63 filter can be used on all M/Y vehicles with RPO codes LLT, LF1 and LFW engines if PF48 is the service filter.

• Like 2

It wasn't worth a CRAP.

:crackup:

But, seriously, folks, if you want better (read as finer to the micron) filtration, use the ACDelco UPF-48R filter; you gonna love it to death, baby!!

• Like 1