Chit chat

SarahsGMC

That's a luxury that's illegal in MA, even if you're in possession of an LTC!

State keeps electing people like Elizabeth Warren, so what do we expect ... :sick:

Black guns are still illegal here ... because they look "scary" ... :sick::sick:

In other news, had to rip the interior out of the Volvo to dry the carpets out. The windshield seal finally gave way after nearly a quarter century of service. Had to bring the bottom jute layer in the house, and put it in front of a fan for 14 hours. That morning I reassembled the interior and went for the annual inspection sticker. The state screwed up their rollout of the new mandated camera and video recording system that they pushed it off until Jan.1st. Was supposed to roll out Oct. 1st. (they can't even RIP US OFF correctly! :lol: ). Every aspect of the inspection will be recorded, including the tech's face as he's punching in the info into the mandated $10,000 computer (that shops have to pay for themselves), and the state will be able to watch it in real time.

Yet another way these clowns can screw the working class ...

Oh, and the windshield company stripped out my passenger side wiper arm, and installed the driver's side too high up! Took the pic after I fixed both.

Now you see why I do all my own work!

IMG_8085.JPG

IMG_8086.JPG

IMG_8088.JPG

IMG_8089.JPG

Edited by Jsdirt
Forgot pics

Yeah that whole car is in really great shape, especially for being in New England through what will be it's 25th salting this winter. Volvo knew how to build cars, that's for sure ... until Ford ruined them.

Pretty sure this thing spent the first half of it's life in a garage, plus it's been around here where the UV isn't as bad as the Southern states. Interior parts tend to last a long time that way.

IMG_7440.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me how this wiper control actually works. I know one click two click. And the squirter (have to hit the right spot). I have no idea what the rotary thing does.
056edf8d6fbdbe4e2d2d91be7b590532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rotary thing controls the delay interval.

So what do the upward clicks do? I haven’t really driven the car in the rain. It was light when I finally drove it tonight.

Never been in these model year trucks before, but the pattern means that if the outside of that lever turns, you'd turn it all the way up for OFF, one click down for intermittent,  2 clicks down for low, constant, and 3 clicks down for high, constant.

If it's a turn-signal style lever like the Euro stuff, all that is opposite. All the way down is off, one click UP is intermittent, next click up is constant low, next and final is constant high, and the ring adjusts the intermittent interval. 

Never been in these model year trucks before, but the pattern means that if the outside of that lever turns, you'd turn it all the way up for OFF, one click down for intermittent,  2 clicks down for low, constant, and 3 clicks down for high, constant.

If it's a turn-signal style lever like the Euro stuff, all that is opposite. All the way down is off, one click UP is intermittent, next click up is constant low, next and final is constant high, and the ring adjusts the intermittent interval. 

It’s in my Cobalt

Ahh, 10-4 - explains why I didn't recognize it. My description still stands however.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hot Wheels is doing a 50th anniversary celebration, and one of the sets is Camaro again this year. I found 8 of the 10 set at a store, I'm missing 1 and 5. But I started looking at it, and realized my #10(the model of the hot wheels 50 special edition 2018 camaro) is a factory error. No clear coat paint, just the basecoat, looks matte. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS