Chit chat

SarahsGMC

Interesting, I thought "radar detectors" faded away with the 80s, guess I was wrong....

It's still funny to see some dipstick blazing down the road more than likely equipped and the cop just wheels up behind them & lights em up. Common sense is well, lets just say "a lot less expensive". lol

Another stabbing in England.....

Funny how the media isn't calling for a knife ban now ....

HMMMMMMMMMM!! :lol:

Snow? Looks like someone physically defrosted a freezer.

It got to 60 degrees. Snow in this area doesn't last. Even in the higher altitudes but below 4000 ft. Only had one real good day of Now in my lifetime

Lucky you!

I've probably physically moved over 3 million tons of that crap from one place to another in my lifetime. :lol:

In other news, I had the neighbor's '88 Trooper croak right in front of my barn here the other day. Good place for him to break down! God was looking out for him! He rolled backwards into my driveway where it remained for 4 days!

Took a day off to visit family, so spent about 3 days troubleshooting a wiring nightmare, thanks to all the road salt blasted into wiring from touchless carwashes. Within a few minutes I had the no start narrowed down to lack of fuel. Long story short, there was a short in the wire from the f/p relay to the f/p - test light hooked to battery positive when touched to the f/p wire energized the starter! What a mess. Ended up running a new power feed to the pump straight from the relay in the fuse block. Once I finished that, I had fuel again .. but still wouldn't start! Threw my test light in a plug wire while another neighbor cranked, and I had nothing! WTF! Checked for 12v at the coil - nothing. Gave up for lunch. Ate, and poured over wiring diagrams for some direction. Went back out, checked again - 12v! WTF!! Fired right up!

So I drove it around for a few miles without a hiccup, but then it started idling at 2200 rpm, causing the computer to cut fuel to keep idle speed from running away. Parked for the night and came out this morning with a clear brain. Fired it up, and started touching wires and connectors all around the engine bay from one side to the next. When I got to the passenger side, I touched a metal brace, and the engine croaked. Immediately let off, and it spooled back up again. Started poking at some wires until it finally quit and wouldn't restart. Recognized the wire color as the primary lead to the coil that was missing 12v. Followed that to a connector, and saw the pin yanked halfway out of the plug. BINGO! Ended up cutting the connector right out and installing some bullet connectors used on vintage jap motorcycles. FIXED!

Now to tackle the idle. The easy way would've been to block off the idle bypass and ship it. But, in doing that you'd have to sit there with your foot on the pedal for 20 minutes before it warmed up enough to idle on it's own. I found a screw facing the firewall on the backside of the T/B that I almost missed - screwed it in, and idle started coming down. Bottomed it out, and got the idle from 2,200 to 1,600 - not ideal but 10x better, and the computer wasn't cutting fuel anymore with that annoying lope it had.

No idea why the idle acted up. Electronics for ya! This is exactly why I love carbureted vehicles. I'd have had this thing running again in 10 minutes! Between the charging and ignition there's maybe 6 major wires to deal with. On this FI thing, there are hundreds ... and it's almost 30 years old! New ones are 100x worse. Going to be very few 30 year old 21st century vehicles running on their original wiring, I predict.

Next project for this is a Weber carb conversion, hopefully by the end of the year.

Edited by Jsdirt

It worked! Remember I sprayed my entire yard in gly star, a hair under 2%(like 1.9 or so). It took weeks, but the fescue and crabgrass is completely dead(it was a slow death, first 3 or four days you could barely tell any effect) and the Bermuda is coming up, didn't seem to be affected at all.

• Like 1

Who cares what he used, they broke into the house. Sounds justified but the article makes the son out to be the bad guy because he used an AR15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was just going to comment on that!

Isn't it funny that when someone gets stabbed, the media doesn't come out and say, ..." he was stabbed by a 4" blade in a Koffman-Richter Multi-tool."

AGENDA ...

That's the left's excuse to justify abortion (overpopulation) ... while they cram as many people as possible into cities. People are easier to control when stacked one on top of the other on one small stamp of real estate.

The irony there is glaring ... yet nobody sees it!

I'm just wondering though how different this conversation would be if it was one of your son's that had somehow been coerced into doing this and got killed. I'm not defending the perpetrators here just theorizing.