Chit chat

SarahsGMC

^^^ This one is pretty good. No stupid pop up ads or anything - at least not that I can see.

Photobucket used to try and screw up my blockers every now and then - I'd have to keep experimenting on which things to block, and which to allow. PITA. I was getting sick of them anyway. Good riddance!

I've got one of those face-melters too, within reach of me while I'm sleeping. :)

Mower headlights blew out along with the battery fuse. Like one exploded. So, finally upgrading the lights (1156)to some hopefully super bright LEDs. Uses 33 5630s, so should be pretty bright. Saw some with COBs but they aren't forward facing.

Usually when that happens, it means the voltage regulator failed - could be putting 20+ volts out to the battery and lights. Depends on the system design, though. Wouldn't hurt to put a meter on the battery while it's at full bore, and see if it's charging normally.

Lots of mowers use a separate coil just for the lights - if the lights won't come on unless the engine is running, then that's what you have. Those systems are self-regulating ( I think I recall seeing one with an external AC regulator, but that's very rare ). That's why they're dim at idle, and bright at full bore. Those run off pure AC current.

Lights don't really care whether the power they get is AC or DC - they work just the same.

The question is, did it explode from getting 20+ volts, or just from vibration? That happens from vibration, more often than not.

Kid in my apartment complex in Phoenix died doing that same thing. He broadsided a van at 70 trying to beat the light. Phoenix is one place you just DON'T try to do that shit in. Young kid too - probably 22 or so. What a waste over a bone-headed move. :nonod:

I saw it on the evening news and recognized the bike, and he fit the description of the rider. After seeing that, I went outside around the building and took a peek at his parking spot - sure enough, the bike was gone. Couldn't believe it. Just a few hours before he helped my load my CBR600 in the back of my El Camino.

Usually when that happens, it means the voltage regulator failed - could be putting 20+ volts out to the battery and lights. Depends on the system design, though. Wouldn't hurt to put a meter on the battery while it's at full bore, and see if it's charging normally.

Lots of mowers use a separate coil just for the lights - if the lights won't come on unless the engine is running, then that's what you have. Those systems are self-regulating ( I think I recall seeing one with an external AC regulator, but that's very rare ). That's why they're dim at idle, and bright at full bore. Those run off pure AC current.

Lights don't really care whether the power they get is AC or DC - they work just the same.

The question is, did it explode from getting 20+ volts, or just from vibration? That happens from vibration, more often than not.

Really not sure. I just noticed them, wasn't cranking so I checked to see if the light were on(they just run off the battery, work without the engine running). Then I figured the fuse was blown when they weren't on even with a charger on the battery, this is this the first time this year I paid attention to the lights, one was in pieces and the other was mostly black.

I thought I locked the video yesterday but so guess I didn't, and ran around town today lost the video when it was overwritten. It was a jump-scare type of thing, it turned green, I even hesitated a few seconds before I went, and then out of nowhere he swerved around me. If there had been a wreck we were the only two in sight, that dash can would have been my witness!

Edited by SnakeEyes

Ahh, sounds like it might just fell apart and cooked. Bulbs aren't what they used to be either these days. Never used to see bulbs fail by the glass detaching from the base. Now it happens all the time. Usually it turns the inside white, when the oxygen leaking in lets the filament burn and smokes up the inside.

I have seen them turn black with age though too - those ones weren't leakers. When they let air in, they live a very short life. It may have detached while the bulb wasn't on - that happens alot too. Doesn't take long for them to shatter when they're dangling by the internals.

Got an iPad mini 4 in space gray today. Was only 300 and it's 128gb, we'll see how I like it. Didn't get it for any particular reason, really just to browse online while I'm away from my phone or laptop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got an iPad mini 4 in space gray today. Was only 300 and it's 128gb, we'll see how I like it. Didn't get it for any particular reason, really just to browse online while I'm away from my phone or laptop

I use mine a hell of a lot more than I thought I would

I use mine a hell of a lot more than I thought I would

If I end up liking it more than my note 5 I'll end up with an iPhone eventually, just to keep the same platform and everything in sync and what not. Battery life seems great on it. Pretty much non stop on it since 6 (3 hours, all internet browsing) and down to 79% battery

If I end up liking it more than my note 5 I'll end up with an iPhone eventually, just to keep the same platform and everything in sync and what not. Battery life seems great on it. Pretty much non stop on it since 6 (3 hours, all internet browsing) and down to 79% battery

I have the pro 9.7. The big thing I like is iMessage and the wifi stuff seems to be shared with the iphone and iPad

I have the pro 9.7. The big thing I like is iMessage and the wifi stuff seems to be shared with the iphone and iPad

We have 2 of the pros at work. They're nice but I didn't need anything that big or spendy. Just something small to browse on. Who am I kidding, I didn't need this one either haha

• Like 1