best performance for a 6.2

dannygmyles

Get the credit card out,BB tune, week or two later hang on.I have the same truck as you with a 5.3 BB Tune,it is okay.Girl friend has same truck with 6.2 and no BB tune yet and whips me by at least 6 lengths to ,well where we quit,no comparison.Another thing i will ad is at 100k ,her truck is a slight bit better on fuel,than my 5.3.

Get the Blacbear tune from Justin. Really made a difference on my 6.2. You will not work with a better tuner than Justin. You tell him what you want and will will get the most out of your engine.

I did a in person tune but later I wanted some changes, he did the changes by email until I was happy with the way it ran.

He keeps working with you until you are completely satisfied. BEST TUNER BY FAR!

The best one is the EFILive Autocal. It is custom tuning but you also get a handheld. 4 custom tunes done to your liking. People are saying custom tune because that's what a lot of people on here have. Black Bear Performance is a site sponsor. That's why people are recommending them. They are a sponsor that many of us have used and trust. The generic programmers are a waste of money when custom tuning is available to you. I know one guy on here had the Hypertech and ditched it for a custom tune because the Hypertech didn't make much difference.

You asked our opinion on the matter and we gave it to you. There are multiple places that do custom tunes. Black Bear Performance, Charlie Wheatley, Zippy(he is a sponsor on the sister site). Between the 2 forums I frequent, most of the members say to get a custom tune. I got a custom at the advice of members here and couldn't be happier. If you want to try a generic tune that is made for everyone's truck to save a few bucks then by all means go for it, but if you want the best performance and drivability then you can't go wrong with a custom tune.

I hope someone here has played with more than one off the shelf handhelds so you can have your answer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

hey does that black bear tune void warrenty

Yes and no, sort of, What Black bear offers you is to keep your stock PCM along with the tuned PCM they give you, its an extra $100 to keep it I believe but in doing that, you can swap out the tuned PCM for the stock PCM when you need warranty work done, and there will be no "foot print" of the truck ever being tuned since you have two different PCM's instead of one.

Archived