Sign in to follow this  
85Silverado03

Radio not keeping time

I have an 03 Silverado Hd 2500 with factory radio.I set the time and it works fine till I cut the key off and then it goes back to 12:00.Any ideas. Thx.

Edited by 85Silverado03

Mine does the same sometimes, but there's no pattern. Sometimes it reset after sitting a week, sometimes after an hour.

Is there a fuse blown somewhere maybe that keeps power to the clock.You would think i'd lose the station presets as well.

Those factory radios are junk, go aftermarket and be done with it.

I agree.I have to replace my antenna completely because a buzzard hit the wip and broke it off down to the stem.I was holding off till I can do both.i hear that is a chore in itself

There's a thread about hiding your antenna on here somewhere, a search should turn it up.

I would have gone aftermarket, but radio and adapters would be $400, and stock radio does all it needs to.

That truck only has the 1 power feed and 1 ground, the class 2 data line is what tells it to turn on and off

i believe its a battery issue, my truck was doing the same before i changed out my factory battery for a new one. i replaced it and my clock kept time up until now when the battery i replaced is failing me. lol

Are you talking about the battery in the radio kinda like the one on a PC motherboard?

no im talking about the car battery. lol