Cracked dash?

I am looking at an Avalanche to buy but the truck has a cracked dash. They have no clue how it happened. It had been in a minor fender bender in the rear so I wouldnt assume it happened in an accident. My question is how hard would it be to replace/remove it? Also what kind of price should I be looking at? Thanks for any help and also if anyone else has had this happen I would be interested in hearing.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother has had 2 cracked dashes on his 2009 silverado LTZ. Both times it was cracked near the gauge cluster area and no apparent cause. From what I hear, it's a common problem especially in the more sunny, hot regions. His were both replaced under factory warranty so I don't know prices but I wouldn't be surprised at $500 for labor alone.

My 08 silverado dash is cracked near the pass side airbag. But I'm out of warranty... Havn't priced a new one. Might just have to look in to it.

My 09 has two fine cracks also on the drivers side above the cluster area closer to the windshield. Anyone heard from Tricia on this?

These stories SUCK!! :sigh:

I like your wheel "upgrade" though. Nice '09 GMC. :thumbs:

Hey guys just be careful. mine was cracked by the air bag that i knew of. then one day put me cell up on the dash it slid down went to grab for it. by the gauge hump on the dash and sliced my finger right open.

The dash had cracked just to the left of the gauge hump and went all the way forward to the edge where it was very sharp. After that I searched on this dash crack thing and found hundreds of posts on it. So it is just not a few people this occuring to. Seems to be from 2007 up.

So now my wife is worried that if we get in accident the dash is going to come apart and be death trap.

Archived