Cracked dash?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys just be careful. mine was cracked by the air bag that i knew of. then one day put me cell up on the dash it slid down went to grab for it. by the gauge hump on the dash and sliced my finger right open.

The dash had cracked just to the left of the gauge hump and went all the way forward to the edge where it was very sharp. After that I searched on this dash crack thing and found hundreds of posts on it. So it is just not a few people this occuring to. Seems to be from 2007 up.

So now my wife is worried that if we get in accident the dash is going to come apart and be death trap.

My dash rattles more with 13000 miles then any vehicle I have owned. Looks like more GM plastic garbage. Pathetic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Are these dash problems only on the "Work Truck dash", "SLT / LTZ dash, or both?

2010 Sierra CC SLE here and my dash is cracked also...right at the corner of the passenger side air bag (outside corner closest to windshield). It isn't from being parked in the sun all the time either. When I'm at home, the truck is parked under my carport, out of the sun. When I'm at work (or somewhere else that I have to park in the sun), I always use a windshield visor to block the sun and also crack my windows just a bit to keep the heat from building up in the truck. I noticed it around Sept/Oct of last year and immediately took it to dealer. The service rep guy that looked at it said they'd get the part ordered and call me when it came in. Still haven't heard anything from them.

2010 Sierra CC SLE here and my dash is cracked also...right at the corner of the passenger side air bag (outside corner closest to windshield). It isn't from being parked in the sun all the time either. When I'm at home, the truck is parked under my carport, out of the sun. When I'm at work (or somewhere else that I have to park in the sun), I always use a windshield visor to block the sun and also crack my windows just a bit to keep the heat from building up in the truck. I noticed it around Sept/Oct of last year and immediately took it to dealer. The service rep guy that looked at it said they'd get the part ordered and call me when it came in. Still haven't heard anything from them.

Mine was cracked in the same place, but was under warranty so got fixed. My cousins truck (2010 also) had the same crack. I personally think it is a defect.

The trend looks like SLE dashes are cracking and the SLT / LTZ (SUV dash) is problem free at least with cracking anyway. Does anyone have a pic? I am deciding between the SLE / SLT dash since I can pretty much save 15K on buying a lightly used 2011 vs a new 2014 truck.

The trend looks like SLE dashes are cracking and the SLT / LTZ (SUV dash) is problem free at least with cracking anyway. Does anyone have a pic? I am deciding between the SLE / SLT dash since I can pretty much save 15K on buying a lightly used 2011 vs a new 2014 truck.

My cousins truck has the SLT dash (All Terrain)....just food for thought.

My cousins truck has the SLT dash (All Terrain)....just food for thought.

So much for the trend on the cracking problem being only the SLE dash. lol

Here in Arizona we have learned to use Sun Shades.

This is the only method I have found to prevent this cracking issue.

Both on my 1995 and 2008 Sierra's I've been crack free.

Here is a link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx

There are many on the market and the above is just one example.

My 2010 Silverado LT cracked last summer right near the speedo on the driver's side. Replaced under warranty and you would of never guessed it was replaced in the first place. Tech did a great job with fit and finish.IMG00405-20120924-1656_zpsfa6bd269.jpg

Archived