Cracked dash?

OK update to my issue. GM rep called me yesterday and informed me that they were going to take care of it. Brought it to shop and dropped it off about an hour ago. Will see how good it looks later today. (Fingers Crossed)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my truck back. and looks great again. I will tell you one thing though about the new dash. The new one looks kind of different than the old one. Like made out of different stuff or something. Not sure why but can tell you not exact same as my old one I had in there. And not just because the cracks are no longer there :)

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still have to go through the whole South America branch, then get pushed up to the guys in Texas, for customer support? I remember when dealing with GM customer service for my 2010 Traverse it was a pain. I am glad GM did the right thing and made me right with a 2011 Traverse. I just remember having to almost having to get a lawyer. Glad it did not have to go to that.

Yeah, I have cracks in mine too (2007 Silverado W/T) by the passenger airbag. However, have been told that since I'm second owner, I'll have to pay full out of pocket to replace the dash. No thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thats good to hear. I just noticed mine was cracked this weekend. I sent a message to Tricia, so hopefully he can guide me in the right direction to get mine replaced as well even though it is out of warranty.

Good luck...service rep called me yesterday and said that they would get it fixed up. Part is $500 and GM is covering $300 and leaving me on the hook for the other $200. Think I'll just leave it alone. I'm not about to spend $200 to replace something that is going to wind up cracking again. No reason in the world it should have cracked in less than 3 years anyway (my 98 GMC was 13 years old when I traded it in and the dash was as good as new when I traded it).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived