New Oil Requirements for 2014 Motors 0W-20

I am getting the 6.2.. the same as in my camaro which runs the 5w-30 FULL synthetic vs the 0w-20 sythetic blend dexos that the trucks are requiring..

I wasnt really questioning the weight as I know they did that for MPG alone, I am more questioning why go to a blend vs a full synthetic?

Your Camaro 6.2L is a Gen IV, and the 2014 Silverado is a Gen V engine. They're competely different engines. They have nothing in common but the displacement. All new parts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Camaro 6.2L is a Gen IV, and the 2014 Silverado is a Gen V engine. They're competely different engines. They have nothing in common but the displacement. All new parts.

that may be so, but the proven fact of synthetic being better than regular oil or synthetic blends supercedes all of that anyways

that may be so, but the proven fact of synthetic being better than regular oil or synthetic blends supercedes all of that anyways

Huh? Viscosity is viscosity. It doesn't change depending on the amount of synthetic or natural oil. It's spec'd based on engine tolerances and other requirements. Sure, full synthetic may last longer in many cases, but running the wrong viscosity is a sure way to develope engine problems.

Hmm what was that old TV commercial. quaker state maybe? They show a car billowing smoke and the old guy driving it spouts off "Motor oil is Motor oil" That was funny right there I dont care who you are (borrowed from Ron White's blue collar tour) On these AFM motors if you use the incorrect viscosity motor oil it will F*^K up the system.

Archived