New Oil Requirements for 2014 Motors 0W-20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of European manufacturers have switched to that weight already. It was a matter of time before it was common with everyone

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Why run anything other than recommended oil on a brand new truck? It gets pretty hot here and some people run thicker oil, but in the newer trucks, mine included, I don't see the point to go with anything other than a synthetic 5w-30. We put 15w-40 in my brother's 4Runner, but that is because it has 340k on it and burns a little off.

Fuel economy is what they are after, just like Ford, Honda, and Toyota that run 0w-20 oil. I have ran it in my 02 Silverado and I didn't see any difference in mpg and the oil analysis all came back the same as if I was running 5w-30. It will not be long before 5w-20 will be the main oil like 5w-30 is now.

When I was a lube guy at Walmart about a year and a half ago, 90% of the Fords 99-current called for 5w-20. Most of them were F-150's and Expeditions

Why do people bitch about things like this?

Buy the bottles with oil in them, put them in the truck at your next oil change, drive, then repeat later. Are these bottles heavier? Do they have the spouts on the side? Is there something I am missing?

Archived