First Time Truck Owner - 2007 Silverado 1500 - Trip Odometer Question

corvairdad

I just bought a very nice '07 Silverado 1500, regular cab, short bed, 5.3L with 58k miles on it. it's an upgraded work truck (LS) with, what I believe, the only options: pwr door locks and carpet. The gauge package only consists of speedo, tach, fuel level, and coolant temp.

My question is, is it possible that this truck did not come with a trip odometer? I can not find a re-set button anywhere near the gauges.

Alright. I'm not actually legally blind, but something must've prevented me from seeing the post sticking out of the dash next to the speedometer.

I'm looking forward to following this forum as I do a few mods to my truck.

I'll add a little more about me. In addition to my inability to find items that are in plain sight, I've got a disease that has resulted in my owning a bunch of Corvairs. Currently, I've got six that form my fleet and all but one have, at one time or another, been a family member's daily-drive. Since 50 year-old cars can sometimes be unreliable, I need to have a tow vehicle available for those unfortunate times when one of them needs to be drug home. Up until a couple days ago, that duty was performed by a dead-reliable '94 Suburban that, at the time of trade-in, had over 322,000 miles on it and still ran strong.

Since I was 11 years old and had the pleasure riding in my scoutmaster's gorgeous new '71 Cheyenne, I've always wanted a Chevy short bed fleet-side. With most of the family now grown and the Suburban finally starting to show its age with little issues popping up every couple of months, my lovely wife told me to go buy a truck.

So, two months ago, I started my search. Not being able to afford new, but knowing exactly what I wanted, I had to be prepared to travel to get a regular cab, SWB Silverado with a 5.3L V8. I actually found one rather quickly on cars.com that, while a four hour drive from my house, was only 20 minutes away from a good buddy down in central VA (also a Chevy truck guy). He test-drove it, and immediately called me. The first words out of his mouth were, "It's a really nice truck." So, after another month of searching to make sure this was the best buy for me, this past weekend I drove the Suburban down to Amherst, VA and traded it in on this one-owner truck with only 58k miles on it. Oh yeah, in addition to the power locks and carpeted floor, it's got the flex-fuel engine and a trailering package. The previous owner installed a cap/shell on it that I'm planning to swap for a tonneau cover. Other than that, it's exactly what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier about it. I'll go over to the gallery and try posting some photos of it.

Archived