Service traction control message

I have a 2011 and in the last 3 weeks the "service traction control " message has come up on the dash. Anyone else have a problem with this ? The first time was pulling out of a baitshop which had me spinning all four wheels pretty fast, the second time was cruising down a road about 20mph ? Dealer said something about icing, I assume on the wheel speed sensors. I will be bringing it in soon as warranty ends in about 400 miles

I have a 2011 and in the last 3 weeks the "service traction control " message has come up on the dash. Anyone else have a problem with this ? The first time was pulling out of a baitshop which had me spinning all four wheels pretty fast, the second time was cruising down a road about 20mph ? Dealer said something about icing, I assume on the wheel speed sensors. I will be bringing it in soon as warranty ends in about 400 miles

Why would you bring it in after the warranty

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Why would you bring it in after the warranty

I think he meant:

I will be bringing it in soon, (comma) as (the) warranty ends in about 400 miles

I think he meant:

I will be bringing it in soon, (comma) as (the) warranty ends in about 400 miles

I should have read closer soon and as position should have gave that away

Had the truck at the dealer yesterday. No codes / problems found by dealer. I thought if these error messages come up it automatically threw a code? At least its been documented by dealer in case something comes up again in the near future.

from the GM service manual,the last one is the kicker

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

One or more of the following actions may occur:

The EBCM disables the antilock brake system (ABS)/traction control system (TCS) and vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) for the duration of the ignition cycle.

The ABS indicator illuminates.

The StabiliTrak indicator illuminates.

The driver information center (DIC) displays All Wheel Drive Off/Service Traction Control/Service StabiliTrak message.

<a href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/newsi/showDoc.do?laborOpCode=&docSyskey=2038306&cellId=174250&pubObjSyskey=3606462&from=sm&pubCellSyskey=1644972#N65696">

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The condition for the DTC is no longer present.

The EBCM clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 40 consecutive drive cycles

Archived