Low fuel/ door lock chimes not working

04' 3500 silverado LS, Weirdly my low fuel chime doesnt chime anymore, I also noticed the auto locks dont chime the 3 chirps when hitting door lock after exiting. I have not done anything electrical or added aftermarket radio. It stopped working suddenly.

Any Ideas what I can do or look for??

Since you stated you have not changed the radio or done electrical work....

Is your left speaker working?

I know is a wire that can be cut in order to prevent the chimes from working. Do you dome lights go on and off correctly when opening the door. This should not effect the low fuel chime, but I am grasping at things. If your left speaker does play music then I would say something wrong with the BCM or the radio itself, as the chimes run through the radio.

Since OP, I did the adjustment in volume with radio for the chime, It was very faint even on loud. Closed up truck came back out and Chime is loud was loud, then faint, I then tested Radio with fader to front and balance to left, FAINT compared to right or rear. I am thinking its a blown speaker, In middle of testing it out now.

I cant say enough how much these Forums have helped me!!! Ill post my findings Thanks a ton guys!

Guess what??? Blown speakerpost-101778-0-67525300-1360448311_thumb.jpg

post-101778-0-67525300-1360448311_thumb.jpg

Yeah the forum is great and it really helps when results are posted, awesome you found the problem!

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome I found it yes, $$ for any new ones not so fun lol!. I will persevere!!

the forums have more than once helped me justify upgrades by thinking of all the money I save when I don't go to the dealer. Glad you found it. Just knowing what is wrong makes you feel better about your truck! Or at least it does me.

Check out Polk's DXi line. If you have to replace then replace all. They are priced right and sound good

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Archived