1/4 mile time for 6.2 1500 Silverado?

CRSilverado

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With only a 15.52 1/4 et I better watch out for those 5.0 Fords! My son has a 2012 5.0 Ford truck and I was wondering how my 2013 6.2 would hold up against his. Looks like my 6.2 would need mods to beat that little 5.0!

His is a crew cab and mine an extended cab. Don't know the weight difference.

Realistically, comparing 1/4 miles from different strips, at different locations, on different days won't get much done. From an outright performance and weight perspective, the 6.2L should demolish the 5.0L. When I was thinking about switching to Ford, I took a 2012 F150 FX4 5.0 Crew Cab home for a 24 hour test drive and what really bothered me was how slow it felt compared to my 6.2L crew cab. Heck, the 5.0 had 3.73 gears vs the GM 3.4. Ignoring the mods that I have done, the 5.0L simply can't match the torque and needs to rev up alot before getting into the serious engine output....it also felt that every time it shifted, it was dropping back out of the torque curve. Don't get me wrong, it was a very, very smooth engine that loved to rev, but going from back to back rides in the 5.0 vs the 6.2L sealed the deal for me.

Here are some diagrams that were posted on the F150 forums to give you an idea of how the 6.2L makes power/torque vs the 5.0. The first one shows the GM 6.2L vs the Ford 6.2L, while the second one shows the outputs for the Ford engine lineup.

xD1ahZt.png

OmLXSHX.png

Based on what you are saying then I should be able to take a 5.0 crew cab with my 6.2 extended cab with ease!

If the 5.0 had a chance of taking the 6.2, I'd be driving a Ford right now.

• 1 month later...

My 2011 4x4 crew cab with 3.42 gears and oem 20s went 14.68 bone stock. With a base black bear tune it went [email protected]. I think with the newest tune i have and airaid intake it should hit low 14s high 13s. I may even throw on some oem alum 18s and see if i cant pick up a tenth or two on top of it all.

My bone stock '11 extended cab has run many back to back 14.7's @ 96-97 mph on street tires and rolling them for at least 2 truck lengths. My bud's '12 5.0 F-150 is easily two truck lengths back at 660' and I freight train him from there. Pretty much the same for another bud's '11 Hemi. EB's don't even seem to be much of a issue. Haven't run a 6.2 F-150 but I assume they're pretty close.

I'm pulling down 18+ mpg unloaded at 70-75 and 1-2 mpg better than my bud's EB loaded with the same weight. Can't wait to see what kind of a deal I can get on a '13 6.2 so I can get heated/cooled leather. If I do, I'll have my '11 up for sale CHEAP.

My 2011 4x4 crew cab with 3.42 gears and oem 20s went 14.68 bone stock. With a base black bear tune it went [email protected]. I think with the newest tune i have and airaid intake it should hit low 14s high 13s. I may even throw on some oem alum 18s and see if i cant pick up a tenth or two on top of it all.

A tune really wakes these 6.2s up. Too bad it voids the warranty or I would tune it in a heart beat!

Archived