z71 vs 4x4

I'm still looking for a truck and i'm wondering what the difference is between z71 and 4x4. does the z71 actually perform better in real life situations. whats your opinion... im looking for a 2009 and up 5.3 crew that will get small lift or level with a bit bigger tires. i do some offroad but nothing near extreme.

From chevrolet.com

includes 46mm high-pressure gas-charged shocks, a 36mm front stabilizer bar and off-road jounce bumpers to absorb large suspension inputs. When you're really into the deep stuff, the included Skid Plate Package is there to protect the truck undercarriage from rocks and debris. This package also includes an off-road high capacity air cleaner, front recovery hooks and Z71 decals on the rear quarter panels

Most of the equipment can be easily added

As long as you get the G80 locking differential, that's the important thing. The only other option you get with the Z71 package that has any bearing off road is the skid plates....which can be added easily. Just FYI, you can't get a Z71 with 20" rims from the factory. I've owned both, and can't really tell much difference off road....although I'm not a 'hardcore' offroader.

I'll take the 4 wheel drive 4x4 over a 2wd Z71 any day of the week. (Or is GM offering a 2wd 4x4 in 2014? :wtf: )

I also don't believe G80 was standard. We had a thread on that a while back... just happens that "most" Z71 trucks were also ordered with the G80 option, but it's not part of the package

I'll take the 4 wheel drive 4x4 over a 2wd Z71 any day of the week. (Or is GM offering a 2wd 4x4 in 2014? :wtf: )

I also don't believe G80 was standard. We had a thread on that a while back... just happens that "most" Z71 trucks were also ordered with the G80 option, but it's not part of the package

It seems that after playing with the builder on Chevy's site, the G80 isn't included per say with the Z71 package (suspension or appearance) but the G80 is a forced option with the Z71 suspension package, which itself is a forced option with the appearance package. Make any sense? :lol:

But staying on track, I don't think the Z71 offers any true advantages, I got mine with the Z71 appearance package because I didn't like the 17s other models came with and I would not have bought a Chevy if I couldn't get it with the color matched front end- I'm not a big fan of chrome. But you can get a 4x4 with skid plates and the Rancho shocks on mine aren't anything to brag about.

I went from a 2008 Z71 to my current 2011 4X4. No differences that I can tell at all when off road. But I don't do any extreme off roading either.

z71 cant do any extreme off roading . No stock truck off the lot but maybe the powerwagon and raptor can do some alright off roading.

Archived