big bed crew cab

nibael

I would go with the 6.6 ft bed. The current crew cab super short bed (SSB) is just two short for me. Hell, I can't even fit a motorcycle in there and close the tailgate.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another vote for the 6.6 ft bed. I love my truck but by time I put the tool box "trunk" in the bed there's not much room left over for anything else. Too many times I've had to take the tool box out just so whatever I'm hauling will fit in the bed without dropping the tailgate.

I'd 100% go for the 6'-6" bed. Had it with my EC, moved to CC because of a growing family but with 2 kids, 2 dogs & all our stuff the bigger bed can simply hold more stuff to go camping.

In 2012 I almost got a 2500 just for the CC/6'6" bed but it is more truck than I really need and for the same price my 1/2 ton is so much better equipped.

One has to decide how many times they would need the extra length in the 6.6 bed. Not be able to park my truck (2011 Crew Cab) in the garage or making three point turns every where in town to park is a big minus for me. The Crew Cab around town now is a pain the *ss to park and drive around narrow streets now.

My current truck is a cc short bed, have not gotten used to it yet after 7 years. I have a slimline toolbox, and could barely fit 25 bags of mulch in it yesterday. I'm definitely going with a standard bed next time.

I'd definitely go for a 6' 6" bed for camping or for when I put my snowmobile out back. So wished that option had been available in 08 for my current truck.

6.6 bed here also! I even had my garage enlarged enough to accomodate a crew cab 3/4 ton with 6.6 bed for future use when I built my house in 09. I knew sometime in the future I would be upgrading to a 1/2 ton with 6.6 or a 3/4 ton with 6.6 bed. :driving:

6 1/2 ft for sure. My 5 1/2ft bed sucked from day one. Also, they need to figure out how to make a bed without those big holes under the rails or I may not buy a gm truck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived