service air bag

85wrangler

Question

I have a 12 Sierra that I put katzkins in myself. Service airbag light came on last september and has been going on and off intermittently ever since. Took it to the dealer today for a service engine light and mentioned the airbag light to them. They called me up and said not under warranty because they did not remove the seats. Told me it was 95.00/hour if they were to chase it down. I declined. The girl at the service counter, which I knew told me it was a code B0021 Pass Airbag. Any thoughts?

11 answers to this question

found the yellow plug under the passengers seat to be the culprit. two wires were almost pulled out of the plug. can't wait til I get my survey, pushing a plug back together isn't covered under warranty?

All I could find on that was LEFT CURTAIN DEPLOYMENT CONTROL 1 (SUBFAULT). That would be driver's side. Didn't think any trucks had side curtain airbags .... so that doesn't tell me much.

Love how we need to have an "IN" at the dealer just to find out what is wrong with a truck we OWN and pay a HUGE portion of our salary for ..... :nonod:

If I only had a time machine ....

I would think the OP, since he said he installed new seat covers.

That's what I was thinking thus I don't understand why everyone thinks that GM should troubleshoot and fix his truck under warranty when he was responsible for f*$king it up in the first place. LOL

the wires could have been pulled out from someone putting something under the seat, very easy to do that. I'm not saying I didn't do it, I'm just saying that once they saw the katzkins aka aftermarket upholstery, warranty is void. IMHO it's the easiest out for warranty work. I have a business too that requires warranty work and we all know that warrant work is predetermined by the job, $50 for this $75 for this, etc, not a money making venture. It' always better pay when the customer has to pay. Just my 2 cents worth! I bought 5 new trucks from this dealership in the last 2 years and to think that they couldn't have pushed the wires back into place with no bull is beyond me. They never even bothered to put the cover back into place!

I had some new Katzkin installed in my truck recently as well. I ended up taking both seats back out of my truck and redoing the wiring underneath them because I suppose it was too difficult for the shop to put it back the way they found it. If I were the dealership you had been dealing with I would have taken care of you because you have been a good customer but I wouldn't expect GM to cover it.

That's what I thought. Didn't realize exactly what it was until last night. They told me it was a pinched wire, not the case. But to tell say that your airbags are not under warranty because you removed the seats, WTF.

Archived