Hi guys I am new to the forum. A few months back i bought an 08 Silverado crew cab. Since then I have debadged it, took off the door molds, put on a muffler, CAI, throttle body spacer, HID's RC leveling kit with 285/70/17 tires, painted both bowties, and i believe that is it. What are some other cool cheap DIY mods that are out there? Any pictures of them? Thanks!

Don't do a TB spacer. They do absolutely nothing on these engines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Installing a simple (worm style) radiator hose clamp to the right rear tailgate hinge is a simple anti-theft device. This simple, CHEEP mod, keeps those "would be" tailgate theives at bay....

:ninja:

Another DIY MOD, esp on your white crew, would be to find a good deal on the GM Acc'y rear fender liners. They would really help keep rear road noise down, protect the rear wheel well area of your rig, & asthetically look better against that white paint IMHO. They can be found on Ebay at a discount from time to time... :thumbs:

Another DIY MOD, esp on your white crew, would be to find a good deal on the GM Acc'y rear fender liners. They would really help keep rear road noise down, protect the rear wheel well area of your rig, & asthetically look better against that white paint IMHO. They can be found on Ebay at a discount from time to time... :thumbs:

pics of mine

byma3e5y.jpg

yrebujah.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Installing a simple (worm style) radiator hose clamp to the right rear tailgate hinge is a simple anti-theft device. This simple, CHEEP mod, keeps those "would be" tailgate theives at bay....

:ninja:

never thought of that!! Damn good idea!

Thanks guys. I'll have to look into that rear fender well idea. And why so much hate on the TBS? Are they really not that great? And yes it is a flowmaster super 40 muffler. It sounds tits, but why do you say it loses performance?

The chambered design is restrictive. And the throttle body spacer does nothing on port injection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Archived