Chris' 04 Sierra 1500 Fun Daily Build

Chris

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you see the red through the grill?

maybe

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Next mod. Just waiting on my bushings to arrive.

IMG_20130531_102119_358_zps9a71ba27.jpg

Ordered new Energy Suspension urethane bushings for the leafs and shackles. Should get them tomorrow. I am trying to get my friends dad to straight swap his 3.73 G80 axle for my open 3.42. It works out for both of us because he just uses his truck as a daily driver. I have to tow a massive trailer in July. The very trailer I thought would kill the 4.8 and 4L60E(with no factory trans cooler) back in 2011. I have the power now, I have the trans cooling, I just need the axle.

I am curious about the amount of lift it will provide the rear. I have a 1.25" block, I wanted to get a 2" block to add a little rake back to it, I am at about 1" of rake right now and my horse trailer makes it sag. But, this trailer I am prepping for has been on my truck before with the 4.8 and no trans cooler at all. My current leaf springs are almost flattened.

I still may or may not block these for more height. After it is put together going to do a test tow of it

I install the brake controller tomorrow. Monday I will have the bushings pushed out of the 2500HD springs and hangars

I install the brake controller tomorrow. Monday I will have the bushings pushed out of the 2500HD springs and hangars

If you have an air hammer that works too, that's how I did mine the first time. Then I acquired my press so that helped when I reinstalled them on my HD springs. Don't forget to put the polyurethane grease on any part of those bushings that contact metal.

Those urethane bushings will squeak after a while, I have the same ones. But, the handling is tenfold over rubber bushings

Where do I get this grease?

Here's a link to different sizes available. This is like their factory outlet website or something like that. I would suggest you get the 8oz. tub, because you will use it and have some left over. And if you decide to do the front suspension bushings (it is soooo worth it) you will have enough for that as well.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Energy-Suspension-Formula-5-Prelube-Bushing-Lube.asp

Check your box before you purchase any prelube. I think one of my suspension bushing boxes came with a couple little yellow tubs of it, just barely enough for the job at hand. I think each yellow tub was like 1/2 oz. or something like that

Even with 9" of lift and 35's, my truck handles like, if not better, than it was stock. I couldn't imagine how well it would make your truck handle being close to stock height

Archived