Chris' 04 Sierra 1500 Fun Daily Build

Chris

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a bag of bushings and sleeves. I will head to 4 wheel parts tomorrow and pick some up

There ain't a decent off road shop that I know of over here in VA, or at least local to me. Y'all got it made out west. I got to order all my stuff in

Off road shops, speed shops, a salvage yard dedicated to late model trucks and jeeps. Hell yea I got out made

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

More goodies arrived

IMG_20130601_114801_375_zps86506528.jpg

Not sure where your going to install your brake controller, but I installed my bracket on the bottom of my dash close to the center console, where the last bolt is. Just a suggestion. Here's a couple pics:

IMG_20130602_182937_267.jpg

IMG_20130602_183001_224.jpg

Not sure if the bracket is the same, but they should be pretty close

That's where it will be. Its just too damn hot today to install it. I did the wiring harness.

I'll get one when I'm running around tomorrow. A lot to do.

Are you saying for braking purposes or for like powering accessories on a trailer?

Chris had mentioned he wanted to power the accessories on a trailer, I assumed that was your reference.

As in charging the trailer's batteries and running the fridge while on the trip. The 7 pin allows it bit I don't know how to wire it up

Not sure if that pin is able to supply that many amps through that small connector. You could probably hookup a separate connector for when you want to charge those batteries and run the fridge. Just run like 4 gauge wire from the battery or your big @$$ alternator to the back of the truck and make some sort of quick connect coupler thing that hooks up to another wire on the front of your trailer that runs to your trailer batteries and fridge. Then have some sort of turn on lead to the ignition so it doesn't run it while your truck isn't running.

I'm sure you could go to a trailer supply store and they could help you figure something out

There is a pin in the 7 pin plug that supplies a constant 12v for the trailer.

Sorry, I confused myself. As long as it is only supplying the batteries you should be fine. For the fridge, that needs to be wired to the batteries and run off those. I was thinking you were wiring the batteries and the fridge on different circuits

Archived