Emergency jump start kit

06pirate

I'm looking to get one of those small battery pack type emergency jump starter kits. I hike a lot and want to keep one stashed under the rear seat in case I come off the trail and find my battery dead for whatever reason. Not really interested in the super-cheap Chinese crap, (probably all made there anyway), but I'd spend $150 or so if that's what it takes for a good unit.

Any suggestion? Does anyone have actual experience using one to jump our type of vehicle?

Alternately I am considering the second battery option, but that is more hassle than I want to deal with right now.

Dont have one but I have looked into this one. Seen it on tv (car show) and it appears to be a good one

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-84020-All-In-One-Jump-Start-Compressor/dp/B0030B2N10/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1TTCVOABB57G8&coliid=I35RCTQ46DX0PN

Go the route of the second battery. Thats what i did and have no regrets. Best part is if im working outside late and have my Aux lights on so i can see, i dont have to run motor because i have all the reserve.

• 2 years later...

Archived