Blackout07's "build" history

blackout07

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

What exactly did you do to the headlights. One of the best looking mods to go along with your build. Great truck!

You can either bake them in an oven to release the silicone or cut them open with a Dremel. Since many folks have melted their lights, I opted to cut mine open. It's very easy to do. Once you get them open you just pop out he Amber reflector. Then seal them back up with silicone and reinstall. I also used chrome stealth bulbs for the turn signals. They appear chrome and blend in to the reflector but shine Amber.

Such a great write up over the years. Excellent.

What are your plans for it to come or whats your gonna be your new truck?

Thanks man. I'm really thinking hard about going back down to a stock / leveled suspension, keeping the body lift and running 22s and 33s. The thought of 4.88 gears and 33s sounds like a good time. I may just keep it as is and drop to 35s again. One thing I will do is leather interior and maybe a factory split grille.

The wife just got a new hoe and and GM damn sure doesn't give those things away so I'll be keeping blackout in the garage for many more years I'm sure. But mainly because it's paid off and low miles. I really prefer her having the nice car in the family for her and the kids. Plus I have a 13 year old daughter who will be driving soon....sigh.

But on a brighter note, I just took it in to discount tire this morning for a rotation and re balance, and the techs were all drooling over how well kept it was and that it only had 30k miles. One guy asked me to sell it. That made me feel pretty good. But when the time comes it will almost certainly be a leveled duramax with stock 20s and 33s.

• 1 month later...

Truck is amazing! I've found that I like a lot of the pre-2014's that are all modified-up even better than the 2014's. You did a great job. Man It makes me want the new 2500. Sometimes I get buyers remorse and wish I'd gotten that over the 1500, but alas..

Truck is amazing! I've found that I like a lot of the pre-2014's that are all modified-up even better than the 2014's. You did a great job. Man It makes me want the new 2500. Sometimes I get buyers remorse and wish I'd gotten that over the 1500, but alas..

Thanks man. I want a new HD every time I see one. My neighbor has a leveled white high country HD with 305/55 nittos on the stock 20" HC wheels. Makes me drool.

Thanks man. I want a new HD every time I see one. My neighbor has a leveled white high country HD with 305/55 nittos on the stock 20" HC wheels. Makes me drool.

The new high country's look awesome leveled with some aggressive tires... When the next gen duramax comes out I may need to upgrade!

The new high country's look awesome leveled with some aggressive tires... When the next gen duramax comes out I may need to upgrade!

Agreed! Although I'm no fan on the leather in the HC. After having purchased and modded the wife's new hoe, that will be my leverage. She can't tell me no right? Sad part is, with the way I drive the truck I could keep it another 7 years and it would only have 60k miles on it. Maybe I'll supercharge and sas it. :jester:

Agreed! Although I'm no fan on the leather in the HC. After having purchased and modded the wife's new hoe, that will be my leverage. She can't tell me no right? Sad part is, with the way I drive the truck I could keep it another 7 years and it would only have 60k miles on it. Maybe I'll supercharge and sas it. :jester:

I Agree I don't like the leather it almost looks red. That's a good thing! It will retain its value for when you so want to get rid of it! A swap to a 6.0 with twin turbos would be amazing

I'm pretty sure the 2500HD is the best truck I've seen. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of others that are close, but man the possibilities seem endless with that thing, and it's already so nice even stock! My delema was Sierra vs Silverado, but that long since has passed. Crazy how much I used to like the Sierra (even over my Silverado) but the more I look at it, the more certain aspects of it bother me. Like, I used to LOVE those eyelid headlights, and now they just sort of bother me. Don't get me wrong, the Sierra HD is a sweet ride, I'd just rather rock the Silvy. Call me crazy. That said, Blackout, I love the Blacked-out truck brother. Good on ya' mate!

• 1 year later...

It's been a while so I'll check in. I've had the truck now for 9 years and it just rolled over 35k on the odometer. Suffice to say I'm keeping it for a while so it's time to start modding again. For now I just did some serious cleaning and added some 20x12 Brute Reapers.

BD736541-BB08-45F5-A7B2-1EEC083DDC53_zps

B8F3E853-F521-45FD-B725-694993C2E770_zps

D6183708-8382-4F9C-9DF8-F1C9EEB0C536_zps

59FC6023-1D97-43C8-A102-4E2AF6D41F6F_zps

D3290ECD-E4DA-43CD-9901-FF0E68728CB7_zps

3A25C442-1D40-400D-9DCF-4BE03B5D7FE8_zps

Archived