Carpet in wheel wells?

Carpet or not, as much as I drive through the woods for hunting and fishing I doubt it would last long on a truck of mine

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

No worries, these trucks are designed to go to the grocery store and back. Just avoid the grocery carts, because they'll total the truck if they t-bone it!

• Like 2

Some of the Nissan products have had these in the rear of their cars for a while now. The only real issue I had was that eventually they sagged from being water soaked and started to frey from gravel at the bottom edges. But this is after 100,000. They do aid significant sound deadening.

I would bet that aftermarket might have something soon, just like they do for the gmt900's.

I saw my first '14 last night when passing by a dealer ($47k msrp for a Silverado LTZ Z71 Crew 4x4). Stopped for minute to look at it, and was the *only* '14 they had. Nice lines on the truck, and the interior did look better in person (through window... store was closed). Not sure about this carpet stuff, but it reminds me of bed rug material. Sound deadening or not, I'd rather have hard plastic liners. If it's cheap to replace, then I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd imagine it looking pretty ratty after a while.

GM would have to put some big incentives on these trucks for me to look closer, which I assume will start soon after they get dealers stocked. Even then, it will be a hard sell, as I still like my truck more... especially considering the price difference.

Edited by music
  • Like 2

I saw my first '14 last night when passing by a dealer ($47k msrp for a Silverado LTZ Z71 Crew 4x4). Stopped for minute to look at it, and was the *only* '14 they had. Nice lines on the truck, and the interior did look better in person (through window... store was closed). Not sure about this carpet stuff, but it reminds me of bed rug material. Sound deadening or not, I'd rather have hard plastic liners. If it's cheap to replace, then I guess it doesn't matter, but I'd imagine it looking pretty ratty after a while.

GM would have to put some big incentives on these trucks for me to look closer, which I assume will start soon after they get dealers stocked. Even then, it will be a hard sell, as I still like my truck more... especially considering the price difference.

Same here. Just finished looking at the GMC and Chevys (dealer side by side and closed so I got to really look). I just do not like the lines of the crew cab cabin. The door sizes and shapes look distorted to me like the tundras. I think the double cab will be the better looking truck.

The front end is massive from head on. And I really do not like the hot to touch, dull looking bed rail covers. And you cannot remove as they have many thru the rail clamp holes. The carpet liners will be hard to keep looking sharp if you are into clean rides.

Under the hood is not very impressive unless you like yards of plastic covers. The oil dip stick is now at the back left of the engine and a very hard reach for me at 6' 4". Some folks will need a step to reach or maybe a long left hand reach while dripping oil.

The inside was ok. Very industrial looking center stack and plug outlets. 900s SLT/LTZ dash is much better. Moving the B-pillar forward 2 inches allows you to get your foot in easier in the rear door. But the b-pillar is now in play for longer legged front seat folks.

I guess I will go to Justin at Blackbear for my 09 as all I seem to like about the new ones is more T/Q and H/P.

Edit: And yes these trucks are way more expensive than the 900s. Something close to my 09 CC slt 4w dr z-71 will be about $2-3,000 more. But they do have more tricks on them. A non-nav fully loaded 900 slt 4wdr z-71 at say $46,000 will not happen in this new truck.

Edited by STex
  • Like 1

Same here. Just finished looking at the GMC and Chevys (dealer side by side and closed so I got to really look). I just do not like the lines of the crew cab cabin. The door sizes and shapes look distorted to me like the tundras. I think the double cab will be the better looking truck.

The front end is massive from head on. And I really do not like the hot to touch, dull looking bed rail covers. And you cannot remove as they have many thru the rail clamp holes. The carpet liners will be hard to keep looking sharp if you are into clean rides.

Under the hood is not very impressive unless you like yards of plastic covers. The oil dip stick is now at the back left of the engine and a very hard reach for me at 6' 4". Some folks will need a step to reach or maybe a long left hand reach while dripping oil.

The inside was ok. Very industrial looking center stack and plug outlets. 900s SLT/LTZ dash is much better. Moving the B-pillar forward 2 inches allows you to get your foot in easier in the rear door. But the b-pillar is now in play for longer legged front seat folks.

I guess I will go to Justin at Blackbear for my 09 as all I seem to like about the new ones is more T/Q and H/P.

Edit: And yes these trucks are way more expensive than the 900s. Something close to my 09 CC slt 4w dr z-71 will be about $2-3,000 more. But they do have more tricks on them. A non-nav fully loaded 900 slt 4wdr z-71 at say $46,000 will not happen in this new truck.

I agree with this. I love how before they came out everyone was touting that the prices wouldn't be much more than the 900's, but that's not the case at all, and I knew it wouldn't be. They'll come down in price though with some incentives and haggling, but it'll have to be good haggling to get that extra 2 grand or so off compared to the 900's.

Edited by Daryl NHT
  • Like 1

The rear cab doors do look "different". Still not sure about them. Stopped and looked at a silver LT tonight. I do like the longer bed. That is probably the only feature that would make me buy a new one at this point

Ryan

The rear cab doors do look "different". Still not sure about them. Stopped and looked at a silver LT tonight. I do like the longer bed. That is probably the only feature that would make me buy a new one at this point

Ryan

Keep yours I like it better :)

Why are carpet wheel liners or wheel liners necessary anyway ? Never had a truck with wheel liners and don't see a need for them either. Looks like that will just hold road salt and mud and just cause rust.

Edited by Tucker

Why are carpet wheel liners or wheel liners necessary anyway ? Never had a truck with wheel liners and don't see a need for them either. Looks like that will just hold road salt and mud and just cause rust.

Can't speak for road salt as I live in Louisiana but I can on the mud. I haven't had a problem cleaning it yet. It actually helps with road noise and cleaning. The past three times I washed with mud in the fender wells I didn't have to scrub at all just rinsed away no problem. The material dries fast as well

Edited by gbieber05

I do not think the carpet wheel well liners will be much of a issue? They look easy to change & am sure the aftermarket will step up with a straight plastic option if enough seem nervous about it. But really do not see them tearing or separating.

However, the black plastic wheel well surrounds on the GMC's need to go OR maybe have them painted to match?

Also tried to get the rock guard coating to show up in photo.

post-29472-0-50180200-1371471012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These new trucks are a downright let down, the factory rocker guard finish looks terrible IMO... I'd never want that on my truck ever, makes it looks like an old bomb someone is trying to make last for another year

• Like 1