Carpet in wheel wells?

I put the rear wheel well liners in my 2014 Silverado, GM part #22998786, the day after getting it home. I had them on-hand before the truck was even in the driveway. As it turn out, the front already had them, so now things are squared away at all 4 wheel wells. They were $102 from a dealership out of Phoenix selling on Ebay.

• 4 months later...

I just bought a new '15 and absolutely hate the carpet in the wheel wells, there on the front and back. I work at a construction site and it muddy, muddy and then more muddy and the mud just cakes that fabric and it hell to get off; don't know why the hell they would put this on a OFF-ROAD truck my the 4x2's but not the 4x4's. I like the idea of sound reduction but seems as if they would have did the outer with a durable easy wash plastic especially with all the material options out here nowadays. I bought a power wash just for cleaning the wheel wells and underbody; it still takes for ever to clean. I am looking to do something different either spray in bed liner or just replacing with plastic ones, which I haven't been able to locate any front's yet maybe the 2013's will fit, any suggestions!

Got my first close up look at a 2014 Silverado yesterday and first thing I notice is the carpet in the wheel wells. What the heck is that all about? Must be for road noise reduction but I wonder how it will hold up under constant rocks, tar and road salt.

Yep. Help with sound control. Have the same material on my 2015 Corvette. Seems to clean easy and I think it will stand the test of time.

• Like 1

Your kidding me, I have them in my truck and love them the dirt and mud just washes right off them with the hose and look like new.

Rocks , sand, grass tends to get stuck in the carpeting. Thats my personal experience

• 1 month later...

After this bad winter it appears the salt and dirt washes out very well. I just use the garden hose. It appears these wheel wells are doing okay. I have no issues with them.

After this bad winter it appears the salt and dirt washes out very well. I just use the garden hose. It appears these wheel wells are doing okay. I have no issues with them.

Yeah, I agree. I noticed the carpet looking covers. I just sprayed them with degreaser when I was washing the wheels and tires. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes and sprayed them out with a garden hose. Came out looking brand new. I found that the plastic liners were hard to keep looking brand new as they would discolor over time. I think the mottled look of the carpet will hide the imperfections and look better than the plastic over time.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

One more comment on the well liners ... I worried about the wheel well iners on my 2015 at first, but after 18 months and multiple instances of caked on mud and clay and such, I'm amazed at how easily it comes off. They do get a bit dingy after a while if you just hose them off a bit so I've power-washed them at 2400 psi (fan nozzle) several times and they look good as new each time. Once I hosed them then brushed them with soapy water before power-washing but it really wasn't necessary; power washing alone did the job fine. I love the quiet ride so will replace them if they ever do degrade.

On the shifter; I've always had manuals when I could and always floor shifters if available. But, with the towing on/off button and downhill braking control and automatic transmission manual ratio selection all on the shift lever, I'm sold on the column shifter. I don't think finding those on a console shifter would be easy and the idea of another column stock isn't attractive to me. Combining those and a column shifter just makes good sense. It's very handy, especaily if you are now to these controls.

It's not carpet Should clean easy using some apc and a brush Ryan

Unless it's a show truck, why would you even consider cleaning it?