2014+ Suspension Lifts

2014 silverado base model I put a 3" level kit (the spacer is on top of the strout and is 1 1/2" thick not 3") but the truck ended up having the 3inch level I needed. Is that 3" level harmful? I don't drive the truck much, had it for almost 2 months and has only 800 miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

What kit do you have? And a 3" level is not good. 2.5" is the max level you want to go with. Believe it or not that extra 1/2" will cause premature wear of front end parts.

If you only put one 1 1/2" spacer on then it's not a 3" level.

Hey there all. So I am in need of some expert advice. I put a 2.5" level on my 2014 Silverado so I could fit the 285r60 DuraTracs in, but I am having rubbing in both reverse and hard turns. I was wondering how large the the spacers I need to get should be? Will 1" be enough or do i need to go to 1.5"? Oh yeah, the offset is flush, though I don't know the exact offset as I didn't do the work. Thanks a ton for any help you can give.

If your talking about wheel spacers it will most likely make your rubbing worse. Stock wheels will usually clear the biggest size tire.

What kit do you have? And a 3" level is not good. 2.5" is the max level you want to go with. Believe it or not that extra 1/2" will cause premature wear of front end parts.

If you only put one 1 1/2" spacer on then it's not a 3" level.

this is the one I bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/181283200195?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. The spacer itself I measured it before installing it was only 1 1/2 thick but my truck did raise from 35" in the front to 38" to match my rear.

How bad do they rub? I was contemplating on going with the 285/60 duratracs. Can you post some pictures?

The rubbing is not too bad, though with a truck whose turning radius is already pretty bad, shortening it further makes for very difficult parking. I put a 2.5"level on first and they ONLY rub during hard turns in both reverse and moving forward. I just want every bit of radius back i can get.

If your talking about wheel spacers it will most likely make your rubbing worse. Stock wheels will usually clear the biggest size tire.

Sorry for being a noob, I guess what i need to better understand is WHERE it rubs first. If its interior then I would think the spacers would alleviate the problem. If its against the outside wheel well, which i don't think it is then the spacers would make the problem worse.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to respond!

this is the one I bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/181283200195?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. The spacer itself I measured it before installing it was only 1 1/2 thick but my truck did raise from 35" in the front to 38" to match my rear. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Well i can tell you this, I installed the 2.5'' rough country on mine and my front fender measurements were 37'' stock and after the kit they are 39.5"

this is the one I bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/181283200195?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. The spacer itself I measured it before installing it was only 1 1/2 thick but my truck did raise from 35" in the front to 38" to match my rear. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Well i can tell you this, I installed the 2.5'' rough country on mine and my front fender measurements were 37'' stock and after the kit they are 39.5"

so the spacer you installed was 2.5" thick? So then I shouldn't have problems since mine was only 1.5" thick but magically made the 3" difference.

so the spacer you installed was 2.5" thick? So then I shouldn't have problems since mine was only 1.5" thick but magically made the 3" difference.

I'm not 100% sure, but mine had a 1/2" top mount spacer and it also had a bottom mount spacer that I thought measured 2". Here is something you can look at to see if your angles are maxed out. Look at your upper control arm (the top A arm) and see how close it is from hitting the droop stop right under it. If you have a half inch or so you'll be fine.

Sorry for being a noob, I guess what i need to better understand is WHERE it rubs first. If its interior then I would think the spacers would alleviate the problem. If its against the outside wheel well, which i don't think it is then the spacers would make the problem worse.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Your exactly right about making the problem worse.

If your saying it rubs on hard turns the you're probably rubbing on the inside front if that makes sense. If you're rubbing in reverse I can almost guarantee you're rubbing on the rear back wall.

If this is the case spacers wont help or hurt you, Its just too big of a tire. Knowing the offset of the wheel would help though.

Thank you SOOO much for the information. So can I assume then that my options are 1)Deal with it by trying to avoid sharp turns, or 2)Put a higher level on.. (BTW, do they make a 3" level? or do i need to screw with a lift instead, and if so would the extra height create any other problems other than another alignment??)

How bad do they rub? I was contemplating on going with the 285/60 duratracs. Can you post some pictures?

I am trying to post some pix, but not having much luck. My profile pic has them on as does my signature. They look awesome! A bit of an offset would make them look even tougher, but with a truck that is wide as ours is to start, its tough to add even an inch to either side. If you do not want any rubbing is seems like you will need to go 3", or if like me you just will deal with a little rubbing when you mistakenly pull the wheel too far then 2.5 is fine.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

I have a 2014 gmc seirra all terrain and had a 2.5 rough country lift and loved it, bought 305/55/20 tires and 20x10-24 offset rim, I had rubbing issues and didn't want trim so just picked up my 5"suspension lift from rough country and to try it, and if the rubbing is still there im gonna change the rims for different off set for the rims to stick out, I'll take pictures when it's installed on Tuesday

• Like 2

Getting a 5" suspension on Tuesday for my all terrain, have 305/55/20 tires what is the most negative offset I could use with them tires? I don't want any rubbing, I have 20x10 - 24 offset rims but I'm pretty sure I might have to sell the rims and buy another set, I have Cooper zeon ltz tires? Any ideas?

Edited by Chandlerperry5
  • Like 1

Getting a 5" suspension on Tuesday for my all terrain, have 305/55/20 tires what is the most negative offset I could use with them tires? I don't want any rubbing, I have 20x10 - 24 offset rims but I'm pretty sure I might have to sell the rims and buy another set, I have Cooper zeon ltz tires? Any ideas?

If I were you I would go larger on the tires and less offset. If you run with the -24 offset you should be close with 305/55r20