8-speed Transmission!?

Once again. Talkin about fuel economy and trucks. Blaaaaahhh

Yes it will help fuel economy but the 8-speed will also help improve acceleration and towing. More gears to keep the engine in its optimal power band.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When your spending 50Gs on a vehicle, what really is another G? Not much.

+1

When I am spending this much i want the latest and greatest!

8-speed it going to add about $1000 on to the price of a new truck...

When your spending 50Gs on a vehicle, what really is another G? Not much.

Unless you don't spend 50G :lol:

15 mile trips aren't an accurate representation of fuel mileage.

I would like to see some folks with these new pickups report on their mileage on a tank, minimum, or an average over 3 to 5 tanks. That will be a better gauge at what we're looking at.

I hand calculated and the DIC was off by about half a mpg. Only did this once.

There is a instant mpg you can turn on in ur settings that shows your instant and ur last 50 miles. You can also change it to 100 and 200 miles.

Best I have gotten was 24.4 ( it shows your best and current at all times). This was done when I had cruise set on 60 for 45 miles and 50 for the last 5. These trucks really get good mileage.

I will do some different tests and see how it does. I will also hand calculate because we all know car manufactures like to show a little extra fuel mileage on the dash.

The truck has 3000 miles on it now. I just can't stop driving it!!!

• 1 month later...

Was at my dealer a month ago talking to the service mgr. while getting some work done on my truck. We were talking about the new 14's and he said if I wanted a new one to wait till next summer that the 8-speeds would be out by then. Said he had saw them at a training meeting in Florida a couple weeks earlier. Don't know if he was blowing smoke or not but he was the one that brought it up.

Has anyone heard anything else on the 8 speeds down the road?

I really liked the 6 speed Allison in the 07 vs the 5 in the 04.5 in both towing & daily driving. But was not off roading either of the trucks, maybe that is the difference?

As far as 6 vs 8 speeds in the gassers. Test drove a Ram a few months ago & that was virtually the only part I wanted out of the truck.

Archived