2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

that collision alert is the first thing I would turn off.. man I could see that being aggravating.

I have that feature on my 2011 Lincoln MKX (part of the fantastic adaptive cruise control option) and, at least the way Ford does it, it is not aggravating in the least. Typically the only time it activates is when the vehicle ahead of you slows down quite suddenly to make a turn.and the computer calculates that based on your current speed you might rear-end it. That's not a bad thing to get extra warning about.

• Like 2

I have had mine for about 2 and a half weeks, no problems. Best riding and best driving vehicle I have ever owned, including an LX 470 which I also liked very much, but it had a sort of dead feel to it.

This truck is great so far, everywhere I have looked things are well do - again, so far.

I don't want anyone thinking I started this topic just to rag on the new trucks. I love my new Chevy, but just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue or any other issues for that matter. I also want to say thank you to Jennifer with GM Customer Care for offering some help. I'll definitely take her up on it if I can't get the issues resolved.

P.S.

I love my truck, but I'm not too comfortable taking pictures with it just to show someone else that I own it. Maybe if it were a Ferrari, haha.

• Like 1

I think it's hit or miss with a 1st model year. My Dad's 1999 Silverado had no issues what so ever. From what I read, GM took this launch pretty serious

and invested more test hours than any other vehicle to date. Hope things work out for you TX14Z71. Regardless, I still want one.

I had an early production '07 GMT900.

My '10 is much more refined.

I don't think I'd buy a '14, even if I was in the market to trade.

A paid-for 10 with 32,000 miles is a heck of a lot better than anything else I can think of right now.

Just sayin...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ. Right off the bat I noticed some cuts on the hard plastic behind my driver seat. I figured it was done when the prep guy cut the plastic off the seats so I took it back. I'm waiting for that part to be delivered. Now I'm noticing the forward collision alert has stopped working. When I first got the truck the warning light on the windshield would come on and the seat would vibrate if I was approaching another vehicle to quickly and now it doesn't work. Scary thing is when I took it to the service people at my dealership they didn't make me feel like they knew much about this new truck. I guess we shall see. Anyone else having issues with the new truck?

Well, I noticed a shallow cut on the same plastic panel. I pointed it out to the salesman and we decided to keep an eye on it for now. It isn't very noticeable.

I started my truck in a heavy rain the other day and there was a message to service the forward camera. I'm assuming it was due to being blocked by the heavy rain, as it went away after I turned off and back on the truck about 10 minutes later

On the bottom of the Zero on the speedometer's '50', there is a flaw of some kind. The picture doesn't do it justice, but there is either something on the back of the number or some of the coating has been scratched off. While the rest of the Zero is a darker tint, the bottom-left is white.

post-122475-0-28357400-1374021551_thumb.jpg

Oh, and after three days of having the truck, this afternoon I found a chip in the paint behind the rear drivers-side door. Grrrrr. I have no idea how it happened. Not even sure if there is touch-up paint available yet. I have Tungsten Metallic.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a z71 2014 fully loaded. Since then ( a month ago) my driver seat has been broken ( bottom part) and they can't fix it cause theirs no parts. My headlights fog up when it rains as if they were those cheap aftermarket ones. My alignment is off and they can't fix it cause theirs no specs for that. Three knobs in the center console don't light up ( the inner ring) as shown on every picture and other truck. I didn't get my floor mats for two weeks. And now the air conditioner is started to act up. It blows super fast when it's on low unless I hit the inner circulate button twice. GM, you guys gotta get this problems fixed or give me a new truck!

So far, doesn't seem like any of these issues are new model related to me. Seats? Ticking engine has been around for ever, don't want mine ticking and knocking though. Crash preventer sounds like a good idea, guess that might be new model thing. I could use that!