2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

Dash panel in front of driver's knees was making a little bit of noise. Took it off and found it has metal backing plate it was rubbing against. Put a little piece of scrap cardboard between the two eliminated the problem.

After one month & 1600 miles, that's been my only problem.. at least until this happened: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153270-temp-sensor-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=1351558

I've had other issues than the two listed above but they were caused by me, adding/modifying aftermarket accessories, and not by GM.

_

Edited by MotoMedic

Dash panel in front of driver's knees was making a little bit of noise. Took it off and found it has metal backing plate it was rubbing against. Put a little piece of scrap cardboard between the two eliminated the problem.

After one month & 1600 miles, that's been my only problem.. at least until this happened: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153270-temp-sensor-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=1351558

I've had other issues than the two listed above but they were caused by me, adding/modifying aftermarket accessories, and not by GM.

_

Good to know. My last truck I was pulling things apart daily trying to find rattles and creaks, none so far on the 14.

I also had the rear sliding window problem. It started off with a pop. The pop got worse and worse until it broke one of the pulleys and the window stuck open. I knew it was a problem and was going to break. I didn't want to take it in and them say well we can't find the problem. The dealership was very nice. They gave me another 2014 truck to drive for 2 days when they were waiting on parts and fixing it. Works great now! I still think this is a great truck and I hate to say bad things about it.

• Like 1

I also had the rear sliding window problem. It started off with a pop. The pop got worse and worse until it broke one of the pulleys and the window stuck open. I knew it was a problem and was going to break. I didn't want to take it in and them say well we can't find the problem. The dealership was very nice. They gave me another 2014 truck to drive for 2 days when they were waiting on parts and fixing it. Works great now! I still think this is a great truck and I hate to say bad things about it.

That's exactly how mine crapped out. Hope the pulleys are part of the replacement kit.

Just an update... So I took my truck in today to have the new seatback installed. The install went well and they brought the truck out. I walked over and asked the ops manager if I could use the air hose to inflate the tires to 35psi. He grabbed the hose and started to remove the cap on my tire. I told him I would do it, but he insisted. He aired up one tire and then yanked on the hose to get it to stretch out further, and that's when it happened....the metal part of the air hose hit the truck and chipped the paint. i have the worst luck!!! He said I could bring it in next week when his body/paint guy is working and that he would fix it for me.

Just an update... So I took my truck in today to have the new seatback installed. The install went well and they brought the truck out. I walked over and asked the ops manager if I could use the air hose to inflate the tires to 35psi. He grabbed the hose and started to remove the cap on my tire. I told him I would do it, but he insisted. He aired up one tire and then yanked on the hose to get it to stretch out further, and that's when it happened....the metal part of the air hose hit the truck and chipped the paint. i have the worst luck!!! He said I could bring it in next week when his body/paint guy is working and that he would fix it for me.

Oh man. That's really bad luck.

Hope they get it fixed right for you.

so long

j-ten-ner

I just realized that you're talking about a 2014 model.

The rear sliding window was a problem on the old model already.

You guy's are really hardcore GM fans....respect.

so long

j-ten-ner

Every truck on the road has problems. One friends 2012 ford f150 didn't engage 4x4 the first time he tried to use it because they forgot to hook it up. Another friend has problems with his sync system all the time and had a problem with his gas cap that was showing a check engine that wouldn't go away no matter how tight u got it. Friend with a 2011 dodge cummins had a water pump freeze up throwing his belt and had to have it towed. Not to mention any dodge 5 years old or more atleast has 1 window that won't roll down and a new transmission. My old tundra couldn't hold a alignment to save its life. The tundras radio also went out on it. I like the way Gm trucks look and drive. I also feel like I will have less problems out of it over the long haul.

• Like 1

Every truck on the road has problems. One friends 2012 ford f150 didn't engage 4x4 the first time he tried to use it because they forgot to hook it up. Another friend has problems with his sync system all the time and had a problem with his gas cap that was showing a check engine that wouldn't go away no matter how tight u got it. Friend with a 2011 dodge cummins had a water pump freeze up throwing his belt and had to have it towed. Not to mention any dodge 5 years old or more atleast has 1 window that won't roll down and a new transmission. My old tundra couldn't hold a alignment to save its life. The tundras radio also went out on it. I like the way Gm trucks look and drive. I also feel like I will have less problems out of it over the long haul.

You're totally right!

But my point is that the rear sliding window was a problem in the GMT900 already.

I would expect GM to have it fixed. At least with the next generation.

And once again, I don't care how Dodge or Ford or Toyota are doing.

Like my dad used to say: "I don't care who else has got a E or F in the math test. They don't pay for your bills when you're grown up.".

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 1

Yea but when you're building 100's of thousands of trucks if not more they are bound to be mistakes and issues that pop up. Unfortunately nobody's perfect... Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would agree if it were a lose door handle or a rattling cup holder because someone down the assembling line didn't tighten up the screws.

I'm talking about a known and recurring problem.

And an expensive one if the warranty is over.

so long

j-ten-ner

Has anyone noticed that when sitting at idle the engine seems to really run rough and shake the truck a bit? I take my foot off the brake and move forward a bit and it goes back to smooth as glass. But sitting in traffic, you can feel it vibrate throughout the whole truck.

2014 Sierra 5.3.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed that when sitting at idle the engine seems to really run rough and shake the truck a bit? I take my foot off the brake and move forward a bit and it goes back to smooth as glass. But sitting in traffic, you can feel it vibrate throughout the whole truck. 2014 Sierra 5.3.

Yeah, mine does it all the time even when I turn it in with the remote start. Their saying it had to do with switching over and running on four cylinders. Idk but if it continues, I'm taking it back and seeing if someone can figure this out.

Edited by Agacmddj1

I have a 2014 silverado purchase back in June 26. I have put more miles on loaners than my new truck.

I'm having transmission issues with 3rd and 4th and 5th and 6th gears, I hard downshift follow by clunk noise. The kind that older trucks used to do while engaging into V4 mode. I'm working closely with GM and my local dealership, unfortunately there is no answers at this point!!!! Also add the fact that my front park assist does not work at all. And my driver seat is broken!!!!

Don't get me wrong I love the 2014 silverado but not this particular truck

Does anybody else is having downshifting issues?

• Like 1