2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

Just an update... So I took my truck in today to have the new seatback installed. The install went well and they brought the truck out. I walked over and asked the ops manager if I could use the air hose to inflate the tires to 35psi. He grabbed the hose and started to remove the cap on my tire. I told him I would do it, but he insisted. He aired up one tire and then yanked on the hose to get it to stretch out further, and that's when it happened....the metal part of the air hose hit the truck and chipped the paint. i have the worst luck!!! He said I could bring it in next week when his body/paint guy is working and that he would fix it for me.

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that. I bet the manger felt really bad. Please keep up updated on how the repair goes.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

For those that have an iPhone:

Have you noticed that when your iPhone is paired to the car, your phone has no external sounds? For example text message or email alerts, etc are not sounding on my phone when it's connected through the Bluetooth. Phone is not on silent and the moment I turn the car off, the normal sounds are back. I've done all the usual things, restart phone, re-Pair the device, etc....

Don't know that it is a issue. but Unfortunately it is how it works. My 2012 Ford Focus did the exact same thing. If I was paired to the radio, I no longer get sounds.

Same things happens in my 2014 Silverado, so I just assumed that it just the way it is. It sucks, but I would rather have the phone paired to receive and send calls than to not hear my text message sounds come in.

I can only hope that it is something than can change via software in a future update.

• Like 1

Hopefully this does not mean you-all are texting and reading text/emails while driving. I have used my Bluetooth to talk and even that can zone you out. I now limit talking to a real need right then.....and most of those can wait.

I dodged two dodge trucks today that came across the yellow into my lane (2 lane road). Must have been dodge day (yes a pun). Young guys in jacked trucks, jacking with their phone. Not limited to trucks. Usually one a day. If I drove like that at night, they would pull me over and check for DUI.

• Like 1

Don't know that it is a issue. but Unfortunately it is how it works. My 2012 Ford Focus did the exact same thing. If I was paired to the radio, I no longer get sounds.

Same things happens in my 2014 Silverado, so I just assumed that it just the way it is. It sucks, but I would rather have the phone paired to receive and send calls than to not hear my text message sounds come in.

I can only hope that it is something than can change via software in a future update.

My 2012 Ram with Uconnect did the same thing.

My 2012 Ram with Uconnect did the same thing.

FYI , when your phone is hooked up to any Bluetooth device that uses the devices keypad and so fourth will take all sounds away from the phone. Only music Bluetooth devises don't do that. Not all at least. Even aftermarket radios with bluetooth work the same way.

Exactly. So basically you want to just keep bringing it in for service and make sure they document your complaint properly. If I was you I would also keep your own records...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately I have Anne open ticket since July 30, and none of my 3 issues have been addressed.

I'd just keep making myself the biggest pain in the ass possible until someone decides to listen. Also, try taking it to a different dealership.

I'm actually not my local dealership is great and they are working hard trying to fix my problem, however I'm also frustrated because I have to go thru the steps to get what I want. (New truck)

As for another dealership unfortunately is too far away. I live on a small town in the middle of nothing.

I'm actually not my local dealership is great and they are working hard trying to fix my problem, however I'm also frustrated because I have to go thru the steps to get what I want. (New truck)

As for another dealership unfortunately is too far away. I live on a small town in the middle of nothing.

The disadvantage of buying the first model year, it's worth it though. I still haven't seen another 2014 on the road where I live.

• Like 1

I have loved mine, and GM and my dealership have actively worked to address the seat issue on mine, and now have a part in that the dealer is putting on Friday. This vehicle, rides, drives and gets much better mileage than an Lexus SUV that was handed down to me - it is a very nice truck so far and I am very happy that GM is stepping up to help folks, it is very encouraging.

• Like 1