2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

I bought a z71 2014 fully loaded. Since then ( a month ago) my driver seat has been broken ( bottom part) and they can't fix it cause theirs no parts. My headlights fog up when it rains as if they were those cheap aftermarket ones. My alignment is off and they can't fix it cause theirs no specs for that. Three knobs in the center console don't light up ( the inner ring) as shown on every picture and other truck. I didn't get my floor mats for two weeks. And now the air conditioner is started to act up. It blows super fast when it's on low unless I hit the inner circulate button twice. GM, you guys gotta get this problems fixed or give me a new truck!

damn.........the new turck gods arent shining on you.

• Like 1

I bought a z71 2014 fully loaded. Since then ( a month ago) my driver seat has been broken ( bottom part) and they can't fix it cause theirs no parts. My headlights fog up when it rains as if they were those cheap aftermarket ones. My alignment is off and they can't fix it cause theirs no specs for that. Three knobs in the center console don't light up ( the inner ring) as shown on every picture and other truck. I didn't get my floor mats for two weeks. And now the air conditioner is started to act up. It blows super fast when it's on low unless I hit the inner circulate button twice. GM, you guys gotta get this problems fixed or give me a new truck!

Hey there,

I saw your message and have replied back. Looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

whent to dealer ordered new driver seat cushion no eta because no parts available for 2014service dept said engine ticking was the injectors and it was normal

My injectors tick also. I think they do that on any direct injected engine.

Was just about to say this. You will hear the injectors ticking on all cars with direct injection. Some may be louder than others but they all tick...Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I would not be worried about a first year truck. I bought a 04 Colorado with the inline 3.5l 5 cyl...put 180k miles on it...NO issues. I still have my 07 Sierra. Only has 65k on it, but I have beaten this truck to death. I had the lifter tick, but they were replaced and nothing wrong with anything else. You are going to have problems and bad trucks no matter how many years they run em. These trucks are basically built by computers and robots that do the calculations and such. Not much room for error, but again, things will sneak by. I am now thinking of a 14, but haven't test driven one or seen one in person up close. We will see, but I am def not afraid to purchase a new truck. Sucks parts and specs are yet to be available...I def call that a FAIL on GMs part, but they are new and there are deadlines to be met so of course they probably got the trucks out before the finished up other stuff. Good luck to those who have problems, but don't let this scare anyone else from buying a first production year vehicle. Shit happens...

• Like 2

So they could not duplicate the vibration problem ( obviously)! So they can't do anything about it. However, if you have three knobs in the center console that don't light up ( the two radio knobs & the A.C. Center knob) it's because your model doesn't include it. The headlights that fog up is normal and should go away soon, the light that shines above the headlights into the good is being reviewed by the engineers. The blower that didn't adjust properly is fixed.

So they could not duplicate the vibration problem ( obviously)! So they can't do anything about it. However, if you have three knobs in the center console that don't light up ( the two radio knobs & the A.C. Center knob) it's because your model doesn't include it. The headlights that fog up is normal and should go away soon, the light that shines above the headlights into the good is being reviewed by the engineers. The blower that didn't adjust properly is fixed.