Photo
* * * * - 10 votes

2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

issue k2

1337 replies to this topic

#46 Natek

Natek

Enthusiast

• 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

I took it in to the dealership today, as soon as I find out what is causing these vibrations I will let you guys know.

Thanks. Mine is doing the same thing.

#47 Agacmddj1

Agacmddj1

Enthusiast

• 152 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Drives:2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ -2 4x4 crew cab

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

So they could not duplicate the vibration problem ( obviously)! So they can't do anything about it. However, if you have three knobs in the center console that don't light up ( the two radio knobs & the A.C. Center knob) it's because your model doesn't include it. The headlights that fog up is normal and should go away soon, the light that shines above the headlights into the good is being reviewed by the engineers. The blower that didn't adjust properly is fixed.

So they could not duplicate the vibration problem ( obviously)! So they can't do anything about it. However, if you have three knobs in the center console that don't light up ( the two radio knobs & the A.C. Center knob) it's because your model doesn't include it. The headlights that fog up is normal and should go away soon, the light that shines above the headlights into the good is being reviewed by the engineers. The blower that didn't adjust properly is fixed.

#48 jvern

jvern

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Mine has been vibrating at stoplight since new asked dealer about it at 37 miles they said it should go away now i have 1230 miles still vibrating

#49 07-Z71

07-Z71

Enthusiast

• 152 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

did we confirm the seat issue is only trucks with lane departure ?

Better question... is anyone having seat problems that do NOT have the lane departure option ?

#50 Natek

Natek

Enthusiast

• 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

I don't have lane departure and mine shakes a little. I had a warranty issue and they gave me a new truck as a loaner. The loaner didn't have the issue. I'm glad to see other people are having it. To me it feels like a older car with a very slight miss. It's not a huge deal to me. I guess I'll just run it through the warranty and see what happens.

#51 Agacmddj1

Agacmddj1

Enthusiast

• 152 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

did we confirm the seat issue is only trucks with lane departure ?

Better question... is anyone having seat problems that do NOT have the lane departure option ?

Yes, I just got mine fixed and I don't have the lane
Departure option.

#52 DRS 95 Silverado

DRS 95 Silverado

Enthusiast

• 344 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC & 95 Silverado

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yes, I just got mine fixed and I don't have the lane
Departure option.

What did they do to your seats to correct problem?

#53 Agacmddj1

Agacmddj1

Enthusiast

• 152 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

They changed my seat cover, they said " the clips were broken" . I haven't picked up my truck yet, but I will tomorrow.

They changed my seat cover, they said " the clips were broken" . I haven't picked up my truck yet, but I will tomorrow.

#54 DRS 95 Silverado

DRS 95 Silverado

Enthusiast

• 344 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC & 95 Silverado

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thanks for info. I just ordered mine a week ago. If they see a problem they may have already made a change in parts or production to correct it hopefully.

#55 Prdtrgttr

Prdtrgttr

Enthusiast

• 105 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Mine has been vibrating at stoplight since new asked dealer about it at 37 miles they said it should go away now i have 1230 miles still vibrating

I am over 3300 km and the stoplight vibrations seems like it is going away.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab LT /Z71 Truxxx lift/levelling kit/275 70 R18Toyo Open Country AT's  XD Diesel Rims

#56 CCTiger

CCTiger

Enthusiast

• 20 posts
  • Drives:'14 Silverado Crew Z71

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

I do not have lane departure. A GM engineer consulted with my dealer, they said there (as someone else indicated) clips on the front of the seat, the rod is lubricated so there is some movement to allow for the power seat.

But, Jennifer is kindly checking for other solutions or a fix, since it is a bit disconcerting occasionally when it moves during braking or cornering.

I have not had any other issues, and I love the truck. They did a great job overall, and issues or no worse than Lexus/Toyota or Fords that I have had, I would say much less so far.

#57 CCTiger

CCTiger

Enthusiast

• 20 posts
  • Drives:'14 Silverado Crew Z71

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

I do not have lane departure. A GM engineer consulted with my dealer, they said there (as someone else indicated) clips on the front of the seat, the rod is lubricated so there is some movement to allow for the power seat.

But, Jennifer is kindly checking for other solutions or a fix, since it is a bit disconcerting occasionally when it moves during braking or cornering.

I have not had any other issues, and I love the truck. They did a great job overall, and issues or no worse than Lexus/Toyota or Fords that I have had, I would say much less so far.

#58 Agacmddj1

Agacmddj1

Enthusiast

• 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

I got my truck back today from the dealer and I got some solutions for the problems I had. The seat was fix but as others said the clips are still moving and making noises. Now my cushion squeaks. Also, if you have three knobs that don't light up in the center console ( the inner rings) it is considered normal. Info from silverado action center at GM. The headlights that fog up is also normal, the light the shines at the top of the headlight into the hood is being looked into by the engineering team to see what can be done. The color coded bumper piece that flexes is also normal. The blower adjuster is still blowing at different speeds than indicated unless changed twice. I'm going to see what they can do about the seat.

I got my truck back today from the dealer and I got some solutions for the problems I had. The seat was fix but as others said the clips are still moving and making noises. Now my cushion squeaks. Also, if you have three knobs that don't light up in the center console ( the inner rings) it is considered normal. Info from silverado action center at GM. The headlights that fog up is also normal, the light the shines at the top of the headlight into the hood is being looked into by the engineering team to see what can be done. The color coded bumper piece that flexes is also normal. The blower adjuster is still blowing at different speeds than indicated unless changed twice. I'm going to see what they can do about the seat.

#59 j-ten-ner

j-ten-ner

Enthusiast

• 883 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

... Also, if you have three knobs that don't light up in the center console ( the inner rings) it is considered normal...

...The headlights that fog up is also normal...

...The color coded bumper piece that flexes is also normal...

Don't say GM is not consistent. :crackup:

looooooooool

so long

j-ten-ner

Edit: Hey Alex, do you wanna know the answer to the problem with the blower adjuster?

Edited by j-ten-ner, 03 August 2013 - 02:00 PM.

"To have one dollar and not to have one dollar makes 2 dollars...".

#60 Agacmddj1

Agacmddj1

Enthusiast

• 152 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

looooooooool
so long
j-ten-ner

Edit: Hey Alex, do you wanna know the answer to the problem with the blower adjuster?

??

looooooooool
so long
j-ten-ner

??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue, k2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users