2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

I don't have lane departure and mine shakes a little. I had a warranty issue and they gave me a new truck as a loaner. The loaner didn't have the issue. I'm glad to see other people are having it. To me it feels like a older car with a very slight miss. It's not a huge deal to me. I guess I'll just run it through the warranty and see what happens.

did we confirm the seat issue is only trucks with lane departure ?

Better question... is anyone having seat problems that do NOT have the lane departure option ?

Yes, I just got mine fixed and I don't have the lane

Departure option.

What did they do to your seats to correct problem?

They changed my seat cover, they said " the clips were broken" . I haven't picked up my truck yet, but I will tomorrow.

What did they do to your seats to correct problem?

They changed my seat cover, they said " the clips were broken" . I haven't picked up my truck yet, but I will tomorrow.

Thanks for info. I just ordered mine a week ago. If they see a problem they may have already made a change in parts or production to correct it hopefully.

I do not have lane departure. A GM engineer consulted with my dealer, they said there (as someone else indicated) clips on the front of the seat, the rod is lubricated so there is some movement to allow for the power seat.

But, Jennifer is kindly checking for other solutions or a fix, since it is a bit disconcerting occasionally when it moves during braking or cornering.

I have not had any other issues, and I love the truck. They did a great job overall, and issues or no worse than Lexus/Toyota or Fords that I have had, I would say much less so far.

I do not have lane departure. A GM engineer consulted with my dealer, they said there (as someone else indicated) clips on the front of the seat, the rod is lubricated so there is some movement to allow for the power seat.

But, Jennifer is kindly checking for other solutions or a fix, since it is a bit disconcerting occasionally when it moves during braking or cornering.

I have not had any other issues, and I love the truck. They did a great job overall, and issues or no worse than Lexus/Toyota or Fords that I have had, I would say much less so far.

• Like 1

I got my truck back today from the dealer and I got some solutions for the problems I had. The seat was fix but as others said the clips are still moving and making noises. Now my cushion squeaks. Also, if you have three knobs that don't light up in the center console ( the inner rings) it is considered normal. Info from silverado action center at GM. The headlights that fog up is also normal, the light the shines at the top of the headlight into the hood is being looked into by the engineering team to see what can be done. The color coded bumper piece that flexes is also normal. The blower adjuster is still blowing at different speeds than indicated unless changed twice. I'm going to see what they can do about the seat.

I got my truck back today from the dealer and I got some solutions for the problems I had. The seat was fix but as others said the clips are still moving and making noises. Now my cushion squeaks. Also, if you have three knobs that don't light up in the center console ( the inner rings) it is considered normal. Info from silverado action center at GM. The headlights that fog up is also normal, the light the shines at the top of the headlight into the hood is being looked into by the engineering team to see what can be done. The color coded bumper piece that flexes is also normal. The blower adjuster is still blowing at different speeds than indicated unless changed twice. I'm going to see what they can do about the seat.

... Also, if you have three knobs that don't light up in the center console ( the inner rings) it is considered normal...

...The headlights that fog up is also normal...

...The color coded bumper piece that flexes is also normal...

Don't say GM is not consistent. :crackup:

looooooooool

so long

j-ten-ner

Edit: Hey Alex, do you wanna know the answer to the problem with the blower adjuster?

Edited by j-ten-ner

looooooooool

so long

j-ten-ner

Edit: Hey Alex, do you wanna know the answer to the problem with the blower adjuster?

??

looooooooool

so long

j-ten-ner

??

5.3 crew 4x4 z71 5.5 bed, 2600 miles on it so far and this is what I have

Vibration at highway speeds (see vibration or shake post)

Loud motor probably normal but I could swear when it only had 150 miles on it it was hard to tell if it was even running.

Transmission seems to shift strange every once and a while but I've been told that's how they are.

Buzzing sound from speakers 2 times when I open the door in the morning sounds like electrical interference

When using cruise and I hit the "-" button I've had it speed up not down keep hitting it and it will go up 2 more miles per hour then on the four try it will go back down like it should. This has been in the last 500 miles has done it about 6 times.

After an incoming Bluetooth call ended the screen stays on phone instead of going back to the radio, you have to hit the radio icon to get it back.

The recorder for the radio has a strange glitch when playing audio back that's been recorded, sounds similar to a scratched cd.

Windshield urethane on back of cab from installing rear glass.

3/4 scrape in lower left corner of dash next to the info center looks to be from installing the bezel.

Right tail lamp bulb element was broken before it left the dealer lot (dealer sent me a new one)

Shield for the gas tank is loose and rattles (easy to fix but shouldn't be loose)

Ride seems to be very stiff even for a z71, feels more like a straight axle then IFS, hope it softens up after some more miles. There's a professional review on YouTube and they guy said it rides rougher then then the 07 to 13 model non z71 and most of the comments disagree with him. I didn't own a outgoing model but I think my 04 z71 rode softer. The 2014 seems to get high marks on ride comfort so I don't know what's going on with mine.

Not a actual problem but you have 4" info center and an 8" info center and neither tells you your in 4 wheel drive just that a "four wheel shift is in progress" while it goes into 4x4, come on GM! Just the little yellow light on the dial way over in the corner. Show a lit up 4x4 or or a picture of all four tires in orange or something after all it is 2014! This really get to me if you couldn't tell.

I can live with all the problems as long as they don't get worse except for the vibration an rough ride. I'm constantly analyzing the truck as I drive it trying to figure out what it could be. Hopefully I get some answers from the dealer when it goes in tomorrow for a second time. First time they checked tires for roundness and rebalanced and that didn't help.

For anyone thinking I'm a troll to have this many problems i don't blame you. I will post a pic of the dealer invoice for the check for roundness and rebalance but i don't know how to resize the picture from my ipad so if someone can tell me how (said file too large). Also I've owned 8 chevy trucks in my life and 4 of them have been new and I've never been so disappointed in one as this one mostly because of the vibration. On a good note gas mileage is awesome! And power is a nice step up from my old 5.3.

One more rant, I wonder how much snow I will be able to go threw this winter with the 9" of ground clearance from the front valance. Maybe it will act like a plow for the front tires.:)

Edited by Silver space ship
  • Like 2

That's quite a bit of problems.

I'm surprised that you are saying that you can actually live with the problems.

And I think you are not the first one saying something like this.

I really don't wanna step on your toes but I'd have to work really hard for the money what they are asking for a new truck.

I would go ballistic...

so long

j-ten-ner

Edited by j-ten-ner