2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

I'm glad I found a good truck in my 2011, and it doesn't have a lot of problems like my 2009 did. I like the new Sierra a lot, but the more things they add to the new trucks that could have a problem just makes me want to keep mine even more. They'll get everything ironed out on these new ones in time.

• Like 1

I must have gotten lucky with my 2014. Everything works as it should, no vibrations, tranny shifts perfect, interior build is spot on. The only problem I had was there was a slight ding in one of the bedsides which I pointed out during delivery. The dealer had a PDR guy take it out, and he did a perfect job. I have a dark color, Tungsten Metallic, and I just gave it the full detail with clay bar and liquid glass on Saturday. The paint on this truck is solid, much better than the last two Ram's I had. I was even impressed with the quality of the chrome on the bumpers.

The loud noise from the engine is the ticking from direct injection. My wife's 2.4 '13 Nox sounds identical.

• Like 2

Got it back from the dealer today and they found that there was an update for the recording devise on the radio, so now that seems to work good now.

I was told the vibration was actually worse on one of the trucks on the lot compared to mine and that GM knows about it but doesn't have an answer for it yet and to wait for a solution or if the problem progresses.

The loud noise from the engine is the ticking from direct injection. My wife's 2.4 '13 Nox sounds identical.

Your right I just went out to the garage and my wife's 2012 2.4 Nox sounds the same too. I just didn't notice it being that loud the he first day I owned it. I was probably too excited to notice it.

May 6th wouldn't be any good either. Mine was Monday May 13th not crazy about Monday but slightly better then a Friday.

Jeez, not a Monday car!! Have you seen the UAW guys drinking and smoking hemp during duty? Monday has to be a bad day for some/many.

For silver spaceship, many more workers do not do such and your truck will be fine. Let them work out the bugs under warranty. You buy early and enjoy the truck before others but you can take some arrows as a front runner.

Yesterday the regulator for the power sliding window sounded like it was going to eat the cable. Window would barely move. Had to remove cable from track so I could get the window to close. Apparently this also happened on the 07-13 models, from what I have been reading. Hopefully the dealer can fix it tomorrow when I take it in. Other than that, the truck has been perfect. It sucks to have something go wrong so soon, but it's nothing major.

• Like 1

"I was even impressed with the quality of the chrome on the bumpers."

What about the thickness of the metal?

Do you mean the bumpers or the bodywork? Everything seems solid to me. When you push on the body panels I don't notice any flexing.

Yesterday the regulator for the power sliding window sounded like it was going to eat the cable. Window would barely move. Had to remove cable from track so I could get the window to close. Apparently this also happened on the 07-13 models, from what I have been reading. Hopefully the dealer can fix it tomorrow when I take it in. Other than that, the truck has been perfect. It sucks to have something go wrong so soon, but it's nothing major.

I always thought that would of been the first thing to go on my 07. I use it multiple times DAILY and it still works well. I love it! Hope you get yours fixed.

Took it to the dealer yesterday and they verified the regulator was the issue. They ordered a new one and will call when it comes in. It should come as the whole assembly, minus the window itself, of course. One of the guide wheels/pulley by the window didn't look the best where the cable had jumped over it and bent an edge. They said they will inspect everything and replace any questionable parts. I'll update when it's all done.