2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

Well after my truck was at the dealer for THIRTY DAYS... got it back (dealer delivered) guess that was to be expected since I made a truck payment on a truck that was shacked up at the dealer for a month. .rep said they out sourced getting tired road forced and that all 4 were way out (with only 100miles or so since last dealer road force balance)...hmmm... anyways..I just got back from Canada and guess what vibration is still there...is it tolerable..yes...should I have to tolerate GMs incompetence after paying a small fortune for a truck. .nope.. I did a quick search for 2014 silverado vibration..and wow..these are not just some isolated cases. ...GM needs to man up and fix this junk... on a good note though the dash rattle appears to be gone..my defrost vent trim piece has been replaced and looks good and the light around the fan knob now works (replaced the head unit) and im.getting better fuel economy now than i originally did the first fill.up after the update. The dealer itself seamed as if they wanted to help amd.did to a certain extent..but their hands are being tied both by GMs incompetence and by their lack of desire to help the customer..dont think ill own another New GM product...and seriously thinking of switching to a Ram. And on a side note.. the temp was about 76 deg yesterday and I parked next to another 2014 silverado. . When he started his truck I puffed blueish/black smoke... have a feeling this is going to be another plague for these trucks that GM will again not recognize

• Like 1

My bumper was repainted also due to chips. Dealership covered it, GM refused. Paint does seem to be rather light. Bottom of my truck is all ready all rusted so the paint is not the only thing holding up. My frame is much more than simple surface rust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Trackermi

Yesterday ran to Home Depot, came out 10 minuets later started to crank the engine over and the cranking stopped for a few seconds but I held the key and it started to crank again and started the truck. DIC said something about my security system so I cleared it and then a light came on, on the dash with a car and lock icon, that light stayed on for the 17 mile trip home. Shut the truck off when I got home and restarted it and light has been off since.

Local dealer recognized vibration. ..I took truck just minutes prior and forked out 50 bucks to have tires balanced..immediately rep seen tire way out of round...balanced fine but noticeably "not round" brought truck accross street..dealer drove felt vibration...replacing "bad tire" now..hopefully all is well...we'll see...

Yesterday ran to Home Depot, came out 10 minuets later started to crank the engine over and the cranking stopped for a few seconds but I held the key and it started to crank again and started the truck. DIC said something about my security system so I cleared it and then a light came on, on the dash with a car and lock icon, that light stayed on for the 17 mile trip home. Shut the truck off when I got home and restarted it and light has been off since.

Alarm had been triggered. Did you notice a shady looking character wearing a hoodie standing near your ride? Did not realize MN was just a crime haven

Did not realize MN was just a crime haven

Yep, the new Fargo mini series on FX is based from my town of Bemidji so if you watch that you'd see how much crime we have:) I thought of it possibly being tampered with but it was raining hard and I was parked all alone in plane sight of the doors, plus it wouldn't make it crank for a few seconds and stop then start cranking again.

Local dealer recognized vibration. ..I took truck just minutes prior and forked out 50 bucks to have tires balanced..immediately rep seen tire way out of round...balanced fine but noticeably "not round" brought truck accross street..dealer drove felt vibration...replacing "bad tire" now..hopefully all is well...we'll see...

Yep, if one wants a really smooth balance one needs to find a shop that will true a tire first. Then high speed balance the wheel and tire and rotor with a strobe all while on the truck. If they know what they are doing it will be like glass. It will also increase the miles you get out of the tires due to the smooth rolling on the road.

Any vib left will not be the wheels or tires. Such places are hard to find. Only one here in San Antonio. Ask around and check the places that work on large trucks and tires.

Yep, if one wants a really smooth balance one needs to find a shop that will true a tire first. Then high speed balance the wheel and tire and rotor with a strobe all while on the truck. If they know what they are doing it will be like glass. It will also increase the miles you get out of the tires due to the smooth rolling on the road.

Any vib left will not be the wheels or tires. Such places are hard to find. Only one here in San Antonio. Ask around and check the places that work on large trucks and tires.

San Antonio? What's the name of this place?

After reading all the negative comments regarding the issues people have been having with their new 2014 trucks I figured I was the lucky one with a problem free truck

Mine just turned 4500 miles

-Water leak through windshield

-Frame had to be re sprayed as it was peeling off in sheets

-drivers seat movement

-steering Column shaft

-rear end thumping

-DVD problems

-and now my radio display does not light up

Just my rant

Edited by snarkee

Went through this + Driveshafts, different wheels all together, and a rear end, and shims.... Good luck. I drove 7 14's and they all feel exactly the same.. Some better than others but I've accepted that it's normal and GM will come out with a tsb to replace cab mounts like on the 2500's to dampen the vibration. I think the cab mounts are amplifying the vibration instead of dampening them IMO