2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

Apparently it is a heat related issue. While it drove smooth on the way home, the next couple of days it came back.

Apparently it is a heat related issue. While it drove smooth on the way home, the next couple of days it came back. At any event, I'm done dealing with it.

Apparently it is a heat related issue. While it drove smooth on the way home, the next couple of days it came back. At any event, I'm done dealing with it.

Apparently it is a heat related issue. While it drove smooth on the way home, the next couple of days it came back.

Thank you for posting. My truck is also subject to higher/more noticeable vibration/wobble as the temperature increases, say 80-90 degree days. But different road surfaces also affect the vibration/wobble. This 'sensation' is most apparent on smooth brand new roads. Crazy.

I fixed my vibration!!!.... traded my truck in on a 2013 Traverse LTZ! Love it and the vibration is gone.... still have my trusty 2007 2500HD if I need to haul something. .. ive never been happier to get rid of a vehicle.... good luck on all your vibrating, black smoke puffing, clunking, onstar antenna leaking, seat moving trucks, I just couldnt do it anymore...

post-124055-0-30262800-1407425377_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

How come I have a feeling that most of the parts that are going bad on these trucks have made in china stamped on them!

2014 Silverado/Sierra 40% American part content, the worst of all truck makers including Toyota,Honda and Nissan.

Unfortunately, some think that it does not matter. I know better, because quality control in China sucks and you are far more likely to get a defective part from China. Ford started making manual transmission for their Mustangs GTs in China and have had all kinds of problems with them.

I think GM better be considering a buyback program on these 2014 lemons they sold to us. I am seriously considering getting rid of mine already as soon as recalls and current defects are repaired.

Oh, this is just great...I buy a brand new truck and let me see if I can catch on fire from a leaking transmission, have it shift out of drive and cause me to loose control with the supspension components all flopping around around because they could not even torque them properly...all while the paint is flaking off the doors, the ecm is flopping around because some idiot thought it went in the second battery location instead of the mounting bracket. I can't even listen to music while I crash and burn because they tried to reinvent something so simple as the bluetooth (I mean you can buy a bluetooth speaker at walmart for under $20 bucks and it will work every time you try to connect). This is beyond ridiculous. Even if they fix it right, I think I am about done with GM products.

We just got rid of a Tahoe that went almost 10 years almost zero issues and I was expecting great things from this new Silverado. Even my ram went over 10 years without any issues.

• Like 3

I have a new 2014 Silverado 1500 with the MyLink navigation system. For years I have used a Garmin GPS and am very familiar with its operation. Is anyone else experiencing gross errors in the time of travel depected by the Chevy navigation system?

I have compared times using the Chevy system, Garmin,Google and MapQuest, with consistent route parameters (fastest, use toll roads, use highways....etc), and find that, especially with longer distance routings (50 miles and up), travel times computed by the Chevy system are badly off.

For example:
Approx. 60 mile trip, Garmin - 1 hr 5 min, MapQuest - 1 hr 8 min, Google - 1 hr 4 min, Chevy - 1 hr 30 min
Approx. 120 mile trip, Garmin - 2 hr 0 min, MapQuest - 2 hr 2 min, Google - 2 hr 1 min, Chevy - 2 hr 54 min
Approx. 1120 mile trip, Garmin - 13 hr 19 min, MapQuest - 13 hr 44 min, Google - 13 hr 3 min, Chevy - 17 hr 10 min

Anyone else noting these differences?

Thanks

I have a new 2014 Silverado 1500 with the MyLink navigation system. For years I have used a Garmin GPS and am very familiar with its operation. Is anyone else experiencing gross errors in the time of travel depected by the Chevy navigation system?

I have compared times using the Chevy system, Garmin,Google and MapQuest, with consistent route parameters (fastest, use toll roads, use highways....etc), and find that, especially with longer distance routings (50 miles and up), travel times computed by the Chevy system are badly off.

For example:

Approx. 60 mile trip, Garmin - 1 hr 5 min, MapQuest - 1 hr 8 min, Google - 1 hr 4 min, Chevy - 1 hr 30 min

Approx. 120 mile trip, Garmin - 2 hr 0 min, MapQuest - 2 hr 2 min, Google - 2 hr 1 min, Chevy - 2 hr 54 min

Approx. 1120 mile trip, Garmin - 13 hr 19 min, MapQuest - 13 hr 44 min, Google - 13 hr 3 min, Chevy - 17 hr 10 min

Anyone else noting these differences?

Thanks

I picked my truck up the other week after the transmission recall for neutral shift. I noticed a few piculiar things with the navi. The toll road is no longer showing up on my routes. I'll bring this up at the next oil change.

How's the navi system updated? Dealer only or over wireless signal? Any charge for the updates?

I haven't personally noticed this, but there is another thread on here specific to this problem.

I've done a few searches and haven't found the thread to which you refer. Can you give me a link to it?

Thanks

I picked my truck up the other week after the transmission recall for neutral shift. I noticed a few piculiar things with the navi. The toll road is no longer showing up on my routes. I'll bring this up at the next oil change.

How's the navi system updated? Dealer only or over wireless signal? Any charge for the updates?

As far as I know, there's no new update available, at least for my truck (purchased in Apr 2014).

There will be a charge if the past is prologue.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone figure out the shifting issue? I've got the 2014 silverado lt 4x4 and since I test drove it it's had that hard shift dealer said it was normal now I'm at 5k miles and it's worse I've talked to a couple dealers and keep getting the its normal run around even gm customer service told me they've never heard of it I'm getting pissed I've had chevys all my life my family even owned a dealership back in the day and now my girls 2014 cruze is screwing up wtf is happening to chevrolet and my transmission?

• 1 month later...

My trucks transmission shift way to quickly to high gear, can anything be done to fix that, how about a reflash?

Also does anyone notice when the transmission shifts, not under load, the engine revs up a bit as if the transmission is slipping, then it catches and engages the next gear? Under load it doesn't do it at all, shifts fast and catches good.

2014, 5.3L, 3.08 gears.

These two factors drive me crazy about my truck. In fact, I am seriously considering trading it in for something with a tranny that works "right" (i.e. the way I want it to).

The way the torque converter allows slippage when first shifting intothe next gear is so bad it feels like you've got an unexperienced learner trying to drive a stick.

The quick upshifts can be compensated for by using Manual mode, but that's a hassle. If I wanted to shift I'd get a manual (if I could). And it's not just the quick upshifts, but when you want to step it up a bit you really have to step on it, and then it feels/sounds like you're off to the races.

All this behavior, I presume, is programmed to acheive the MPG ratings. However, if I'm wrong, and my tranny is just not functioning properly, please let me know so I don't have to buy a Dodge or Ford. BTW, why doesn't GM offer a "real" engine in the 1500 (without spending $50k+ on a Denali)??!

Hey Guys, new to this forum, been stalking for a few years :)

Anyone else having a problem with their 2014 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 (and likely other configurations) concerning a creaking or maybe rubbing noise coming from the back end of the truck when getting in an out (when you place your body weight into the vehicle)? I've been noticing the issue for the last few months, but didn't notice for the first six months. I'm wondering if it's a suspension problem, or something as simple as the truck bed contacting metal somewhere else in the bad end. Also notice the same type of sound when I get in the bed of the truck and walk around, seems like metal contacting, or maybe shocks not being able to move freely up and down as my body weight moves around.

It's not a performance or mechanical problem, rather an annoyance I simply should not have on a $40K truck.

It's virtually impossible to pinpoint and the dealer is utterly useless tracking down these types of "noise" issues.

Thanks for any suggestions you all may have.

• Like 1

I also had these noises, the rear shocks were replaced and the leaf springs and shackles were greased per service bulletin. The drivers seat also squeaks on mine when getting in and out where the leather contacts the lower trim panel, I was told this is normal,I assume it's a poor design.

• Like 1