2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

By the way I got this truck in 9/30 and have had 6 dealer visits So far. 7th is coming as my seat seems to be moving now. Thanks general! You built a rock , cheap and heavy

My 2014 Sierra has 37k miles on it. The seat has been "fixed" by the dealer a few times. It now feels totally unstable. Just wait -- the more miles, the worse the seat gets. When I stop it moves forward now. Left and right movement, too. The seats are a real problem for GM on these '14 - '15 model year seats...

• 8 months later...

I just bought a used 2014 Silverado with 5.3 flex fuel it has a vibration that comes and goes .it's like your running over rumble strips.does any one know what will cause this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Front diff issues. Bought this 2014 silverado 1500 brand new 30k miles on it now and my front diff housing cracks. All the fluid leaked out and now it's ruined. My local team service denies it to be warrantied said it's damaged and they won't cover it hah. Spend 55k on a new truck and front end goes out at 30k miles and I'm left in the dark couldn't be more upset disappointed and frustrated highly advise getting a Ford

• 3 months later...

We've got a '14 Silverado LT All-Star with the 4.3 EcoTec V6 and towing package. With a whopping 12,000 miles on the clock (first noticed the problem at 8000 miles), it is burning oil. Not fast enough for Chevrolet to actually do anything about it. I've been through the whole diagnostic and oil consumption test process through the dealership under warranty, and they determined that the truck is not burning it fast enough to warrant fixing or investigating any further (1 qt every 3k miles). When I went to Chevrolet Customer (Dis)Service, they told me that the truck was "Working as designed" (exact wording used on their call, that they made very sure to point out was being recorded).

Sorry, but I am not impressed by a vehicle that it's considered "working as designed" to use up that much oil. Brand new off the lot.

Plus it's got the annoying V6-4 shake problem. And it occasionally "slams" into gear when you park it on an incline (which is all the time because my driveway is sloped).

Throw in the fact that it's also already had 3 recalls put out on it, and it looks like GM is right back to their 1970's/1980's quality control mentality.

I'm just dreading the next few years because we're not in a position where we can dump it for something more reliable right now.

We've got a '14 Silverado LT All-Star with the 4.3 EcoTec V6 and towing package. With a whopping 12,000 miles on the clock (first noticed the problem at 8000 miles), it is burning oil. Not fast enough for Chevrolet to actually do anything about it. I've been through the whole diagnostic and oil consumption test process through the dealership under warranty, and they determined that the truck is not burning it fast enough to warrant fixing or investigating any further (1 qt every 3k miles). When I went to Chevrolet Customer (Dis)Service, they told me that the truck was "Working as designed" (exact wording used on their call, that they made very sure to point out was being recorded).

Sorry, but I am not impressed by a vehicle that it's considered "working as designed" to use up that much oil. Brand new off the lot.

Plus it's got the annoying V6-4 shake problem. And it occasionally "slams" into gear when you park it on an incline (which is all the time because my driveway is sloped).

Throw in the fact that it's also already had 3 recalls put out on it, and it looks like GM is right back to their 1970's/1980's quality control mentality.

I'm just dreading the next few years because we're not in a position where we can dump it for something more reliable right now.

If you don't think your truck is reliable then trade it in on something you can afford. Find a used yota or pre-14 chevy or anything else that is a few years old that you would feel is more reliable.

I am having transmission clunk issues as well. Bought the truck used with 20k miles, currently has 35k miles. Have had it in the shop 3 times for gear hunting, violent shifting, or not shifting when it is supposed to (going up a grade with out it down shifting and bogging down the engine). The service writers at the Chevy dealer said the engineers at GM acknowledge this is an issue. They say it is normal function of the transmission. I'm not buying it. This sounds to be a cop out for them not wanting to recall the "longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road" for a major drive train issue.

Anyone else having this experience?

Hello I'm New to the Forum

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ I didn't have my truck no time and it was in the shop with Electrical problems from codes coming up on the dash to the truck locking up and giving it gas and nothing to not wanting to start. Time after time been in the dealership 7 or 8 times and I have been very patient 2 times have GM sent a field engineer out to look at my truck and aren't finding the issue just because it don't do it all the time well not my problem I have a lemon and I received word that GM isn't going to do a buy back well looks like I have no choice but to take legal matters on this situation. Its sad that a big company like GM wont do the right thing about this situation. So we will see how this goes I didn't want to go this route but im not going to pay at note and insurance on a 45K Truck that is nothing but a headache.

I am having transmission clunk issues as well. Bought the truck used with 20k miles, currently has 35k miles. Have had it in the shop 3 times for gear hunting, violent shifting, or not shifting when it is supposed to (going up a grade with out it down shifting and bogging down the engine). The service writers at the Chevy dealer said the engineers at GM acknowledge this is an issue. They say it is normal function of the transmission. I'm not buying it. This sounds to be a cop out for them not wanting to recall the "longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road" for a major drive train issue.

Anyone else having this experience?

Hello 5001riverbed,

We are sorry to hear that you are having these transmission issues, and understand your desires to have a smooth ride. We would be more than happy to reach out to your servicing dealership to see if we can gather more information on the diagnosis. Please send us a private message with more details on your situation.

All the best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

Hello I'm New to the Forum

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ I didn't have my truck no time and it was in the shop with Electrical problems from codes coming up on the dash to the truck locking up and giving it gas and nothing to not wanting to start. Time after time been in the dealership 7 or 8 times and I have been very patient 2 times have GM sent a field engineer out to look at my truck and aren't finding the issue just because it don't do it all the time well not my problem I have a lemon and I received word that GM isn't going to do a buy back well looks like I have no choice but to take legal matters on this situation. Its sad that a big company like GM wont do the right thing about this situation. So we will see how this goes I didn't want to go this route but im not going to pay at note and insurance on a 45K Truck that is nothing but a headache.

Hello Emurphy,

We recognize that having multiple concerns can often be inconvenient. It is important to us that our customers have positive experiences with both our products and our dealerships. We would like to look into your situation further, and reach out to the dealership to see if there are any additional options. Please send us a private message with your VIN, full contact information, and involved dealer.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

Truck is back to the shop for a new problem. Whenever the outside temperature drops below 40 degrees (F) the integrated trailer brake controller turns itself on and will not turn off until the vehicle has warmed up. Dealer said the truck is throwing an error code for the trailer brake controller, but it is a general code and doesn't give any specifics. So, truck has been in the shop for 2 days going on 3 while they try and figure out what the problem is.

I have also had all the steering wheel controls stop working. Audio and Cruise control. When this happened the information display in the instrument cluster stopped working too.

Anyone else having electrical issues?

If you don't think your truck is reliable then trade it in on something you can afford. Find a used yota or pre-14 chevy or anything else that is a few years old that you would feel is more reliable.

"Not in a position where we can dump it for something more reliable" = "Can't get enough for this POS to trade out of it". Trust me, the thought has crossed my mind many times. But unless we can pay it down some more or I get a significant raise, that's not happening.

Also interesting to see the Chevy Customer Service reps skip over my post for 2 other ones. Guess they've already figured out the situation is hopeless and aren't even trying. There you go, folks. Proof that your Chevy's warranty isn't worth the toilet paper it's printed on,.

I'd like to hear if you would fight this or not....

I've got a truck that's effected by the PIT5313C paint issue. I've found a dealer that will fix the truck, but they'll need it for about 4-5 days. That's all fine by me. The issue I have is that they won't provide a free loaner. They say that it isn't covered. Should I fight this or just pay for the rental?

I'm 600mi into my new ride, 2017 Sierra 6.2 8spd.max tow

converter shudder at light throttle.

Leaving in 3wks for a trip with our camper (8000lb) since there will be no light throttle use towing that much we'll see how she shifts when we get back......lol

Edited by powerhaulic

• 2 years later...

I have owned my 2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ for 4 1/2 years and have some issues.. clunking in the front end all the time, transmission slipping and reviving, voice garbled on Bluetooth, ,put the window up and goes back down , navigation  speaking when turned off,no sound on radio.these are only sometimes..have video and pics to show them but they can never find the problems... trailer harness corroded, had to b replaced twice.. steering issues at low speeds. Plus others I forgot.. love the truck but way too many problems...I have owned 4 other new Chev trucks but only had minor issues.. this truck let me down...

Edited by Krazynewf