2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

I just bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ. Right off the bat I noticed some cuts on the hard plastic behind my driver seat. I figured it was done when the prep guy cut the plastic off the seats so I took it back. I'm waiting for that part to be delivered. Now I'm noticing the forward collision alert has stopped working. When I first got the truck the warning light on the windshield would come on and the seat would vibrate if I was approaching another vehicle to quickly and now it doesn't work. Scary thing is when I took it to the service people at my dealership they didn't make me feel like they knew much about this new truck. I guess we shall see. Anyone else having issues with the new truck?

Edited by MotoMedic
Added Topic Tags
  • Like 2

Haven't had any issues yet that I know of everything seems to work. One thing I have noticed is the "real" aluminum on the steering wheel gets pretty hot in a parking lot and take a while to cool off.

• Like 1

I just bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ. Right off the bat I noticed some cuts on the hard plastic behind my driver seat. I figured it was done when the prep guy cut the plastic off the seats so I took it back. I'm waiting for that part to be delivered. Now I'm noticing the forward collision alert has stopped working. When I first got the truck the warning light on the windshield would come on and the seat would vibrate if I was approaching another vehicle to quickly and now it doesn't work. Scary thing is when I took it to the service people at my dealership they didn't make me feel like they knew much about this new truck. I guess we shall see. Anyone else having issues with the new truck?

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your new 2014 Silverado. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your new 2014 Silverado. Private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

would love to know how it goes .

• Like 1

I've had mine for 3 weeks and 1 time I auto started it, got in, turned the key, put it in reverse and it shut completely off, electronics and all. I restarted it and it did it again. After about 10 try's I put it in 4x4 and back in 2x4 and it worked. Don't know what the deal was. That happened after a buddy pulled it up after launching my boat. No other problems and has not happened again.

• Like 1

I in no way intended to "down the product". I fully expected little things to be wrong. This is the best riding, handling, and quality built truck ever made. GM hit it out of the park on this one. I have 2500 miles on mine now. It is getting awesome gas mileage. This truck impresses my dodge and ford friends.

• Like 1

make sure your collision alert hasn't been turned off somehow. left side of the steering wheel, push the button once and it will tell you if it's off, otherwise it will show a vehicle in the dic with up to three lines. three is most sensitive i think.

• Like 2