6 replies to this topic

#1 pro-v eddie

pro-v eddie

Enthusiast

• 7 posts
  • Name:Eddie
  • Drives:2015 GMC Yukon Denali

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:15 PM

I have a 03 Yukon SLT with Bose system that developed a problem with the 6 CD changer.  I inserted a disk and when finished listening hit eject.  The changer thought about what to do for ½ minute and then displayed a message saying "INITIALIZING".  From that point on the changer does not respond to any disk related buttons and I now have a full changer od CD's I cannot eject.  Any ideas what happened here and most importantly what can I do?  I have never had any issues with this Bose system till now.  

Thanks in advance,

pro-v eddie

#2 8.1HD/ALLISON

8.1HD/ALLISON

Senior Truck Tweaker

• 2,468 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Drives:04 K2500HD

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Take the Cd player out of the truck, very carefully remove the top and work your cds out with a pick. Then either don't use the cd player or send it in to get fixed.

backhoe6_zps0cfc8c15.jpg
You want fuel economy? Buy a Prius.... I have a big block!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Chevy Silverado K2500 HD CCLB, 8.1L/Allison, 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs,
B&W hitch, Whelen 6 channel strobe lights, Soundoff Signal Mini Light Bar,
Dual Flowmaster Super 44's, BlackBear Tuned, Too much to list,

#3 mawint

mawint

Enthusiast

• 165 posts
  • Drives:2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

Try pulling the fuse first and then turning the truck on. If that doesn't work, I will tell ya how I got mine out.

#4 pro-v eddie

pro-v eddie

Enthusiast

• 7 posts
  • Name:Eddie
  • Drives:2015 GMC Yukon Denali

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Matt.  It did not resolve the problem.  All my presets were saved but now the changer tells me that there are no disks.  I'd like to hear how you got yours out.

#5 mawint

mawint

Enthusiast

• 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Oh hey, didn't get notified you replied.

For mine, since I live in MN and climates change, a cd with one of those stick-on labels had bubbled and gotten stuck against the bottom of the cd above it. This also got it stuck in the slot. 

For me taking the radio apart completely to get the discs out (they can't just lift out from the top or bottom, too many mechanical pieces) would be too much effort and probably never work again. There is also a door on the cd portion that closes and opens to allow for discs to go in and out. 

Here is what I did.

I disassembled the dash and took the radio out. The top of the radio should just have a cover held on by a few screws. I took the top cover off of it and you should be able to see the discs in the unit and the somewhat trays they slide in. With the cover off, I took the radio out to my truck and plugged it back in but left it hanging out of the dash. Turning the key to accessory, I then pushed eject and helped the discs out with my hand when the door opened. I may have used a pen now that I think of it but find something you can use to help them out.

After the discs were out, I put the top cover back on and reset the radio with the fuse. It should cycle and start back up like normal when done.

Granted, my unit was still attempting to eject discs but were stuck in the tray. If the unit isn't ejecting at all, you may need to start the CDs coming out the door and give them a good pull to get them out.

#6 tbhuge

tbhuge

Enthusiast

• 199 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Mine has done that before.  For me I will hit the load button several times and each time I hit it, it recognizes that there is already a cd in each slot one at a time.  Its frustrating, buts its worked each time so far.

#7 mawint

mawint

Enthusiast

• 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Ya but if the CDs get stuck, the player recognizes there is a CD but ultimately fails and gives up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users