HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

ChrisNJ - your projectors are working correctly, as intended. Only thing you can do is adjust the aim. The shutters are not adjustable but projectors are.. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/158300-aiming-adjusting-headlights/

Thanks David, so if I adjust the projector down to get the highs down 10+/- degrees, the lows will lower the same amount too? If true, darn cause the lows are about right. maybe I'll sacrifice the low-aim being a little low to get the highs down a little?

Now, these lights w/HIDs would finally be fixed pretty well for me , if I could lower the highs 10degrees, then raise the shutter on low a bit............................ wishfull thinking.

Anyone have these projectors apart yet? Based on the pictures I took through the back hole they appear to be plastic welded in place.

• Like 1

after i replaced my stock lights with putco bulbs i had one shining straight into the ground. i found i could wiggle the stock projector and it would look better. after an hour of playing i couldn't get it to point straight. i took a half turn up on the adjuster, and back down, and now its shining perfect.

Idk...I'm with greyghost. Get me an all-in-one kit that won't have things go bad or blow or "sometimes use this part and other times don't" ... And I'll buy it and install it. Until then...I'm a scaredeeee cat!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Ehh it's not that hard at all. Honestly. Especially after the wire diagrams and all the instructions given in the first post. Thanks moto and all that contributed to the info! It is helpful for what you need to get and how to test to make sure all functions work properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the morimoto kit and am happy with it's light output, and it was pretty easy to install, and I can put the left stock bulb, if needed, back in seconds. I am trying to get the aim correct now and will advise as I play with it. If I can get the high aim down a bit and I'm OK with where the lows end up then I would call this install a success.

Do the HD relays buzz a lot? As I was playing with the aim I noticed a buzz and it was the HD realys. Is this normal?

ChrisNJ- go back and read this entire topic. Both Silverado & Sierra headlight projector swaps have been discussed/explained.

I've read the whole thing and only see a Sierra projector swap by a professional, which I am not. If any Sierra owner has done a successful projector swap without taking the whole light assembly apart, would love hear your story. thanks.

I've read the whole thing and only see a Sierra projector swap by a professional, which I am not. If any Sierra owner has done a successful projector swap without taking the whole light assembly apart, would love hear your story. thanks.

So far, no member has reported doing the Sierra's themselves, but the pro guy mentioned which kit he thought would go in the easiest.

There's another topic on here about opening the lights with an oven (vs cutting) if you're interested in being the first to try the DIY retrofit at home. What's the worst that could happen..? ha

I'm seriously about to go back to factory on these lights.. Now they won't come on at all.. No flicker nothing.. So I guess when I have a second I'm gonna unplug everything and put the factory bulbs on and see if they come on and hopefully something is wrong with the truck. If not this kit is coming off..

Hello guys. New to the forums. Just bought a 2014 sierra. In need of some hids lol. I have read the tread fully and very very good info on here. That being said a few ?s... those who having 5k hids. What's the difference in COLOR from a 35 watt ballast/55 watt ballast if any. And what color should I put on my fogs to match the projectors with hids. Or something close to it? Would it still be 5k?