HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I finally installed my 5k hid kit on my 14' sierra and imo they look great. I removed the intake box and removed the connection that sits on top. Put everything back on.. hids work great. . When testing the lights I accidentally turned the truck on with the intake box removed and not plugged in and the truck turned off by itself. So hooked it all back up. Turned on but check engine light is on. I drove it 10 miled didn't come off. Any ideas? Similar issues? Or should I disconnect battery?

I finally installed my 5k hid kit on my 14' sierra and imo they look great. I removed the intake box and removed the connection that sits on top. Put everything back on.. hids work great. . When testing the lights I accidentally turned the truck on with the intake box removed and not plugged in and the truck turned off by itself. So hooked it all back up. Turned on but check engine light is on. I drove it 10 miled didn't come off. Any ideas? Similar issues? Or should I disconnect battery?

I would just disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Or even try unplugging and then plug back in any connections that you undid when installing the HIDs. Maybe something didn't get plugged back in correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have a code reader that clears codes, get one. It'll save you a lot of BS in the long run and maybe some $ along the way.

Hey...where can I get one of those code readers that clears the code..good to have...please let me know where I can buy one? Thanks spurshot.

Hey...where can I get one of those code readers that clears the code..good to have...please let me know where I can buy one? Thanks spurshot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Actron-AutoScanner-Plus-CP9580-w-CodeConnect-OBD-II-CAN-Vehicles-BRAND-NEW-/121352790767?hash=item1c4130a2ef&item=121352790767&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

I have this one and it work awesome on all my vehicles... :)

TBagan, what pro shop did you use so I know not to go there since I'm in Austin too.

The one in S. Austin, Andy's something.

There is one in PFLUGERVILLE. I'm still not happy. He adjusted something and the shine down about 10' in front. Not to mention I noticed moisture in my fog lights today.... Yep don't go there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You can find them at about any auto parts store. Read the features. Some only read codes. Some read codes and clear codes.

Just slightly OT, but I think it goes to the main subject here. I drove my wife's 2013 Flex Limited with HIDs last night for the first time in months. It really has great projectors and HIDs. They are a single bulb, shutter type hi/lo. Excellent side lighting. However, it does have some lighting that goes very high when the high beams are selected. So, there's hope out there. A good replacement projector and HIDs. I was starting to doubt the projector type lights could work as well as the reflector types. They can.

I'm not sure if the reflector housing is much different from my 2011 to my 2014 silverado, but I can say this...HID's in the 2014 reflector housing are ok until it rains, I couldn't see very well at all the other night in the rain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

First time downloading photos. Fxr projectors with 55w ddm kit and d2s morimoto 5000k bulbs. Thanks to block8head for his advice on install. It is as straight as I can get it. Took several tries. The fxr projectors tend to bow upwards.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

it's been 6 months since installing the 55w ddm kit. 80amp relay that came with ddm kit had to be replaced twice. I replaced it with a 40amp relay better quality and no problems since. I also had the right headlight blinking rapidly so I replaced the canceller on the right side and it also happened on the left side a short while later so I also replaced the left side. both left and right side cancellers were replaced with after market from ebay and not ddm.

it's been 6 months since installing the 55w ddm kit. 80amp relay that came with ddm kit had to be replaced twice. I replaced it with a 40amp relay better quality and no problems since. I also had the right headlight blinking rapidly so I replaced the canceller on the right side and it also happened on the left side a short while later so I also replaced the left side. both left and right side cancellers were replaced with after market from ebay and not ddm.

I had an FXR retro on my 2011 f150. Those are really good projectors.