HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Thanks block8head. I only dremel the left headlight and enlarged the mounting holes to the projector to align it, didn't do anything to the right side except enlarging the holes on the projector. I did opened both projectors and did minor adjustments to the cutoff because of bowing on both sides.

Since I learned to attach photos I figure you might enjoy some before pics of my installed before texting with block8head. The fxr tend to ride upwards to the right. Last photo is thru the windshield. All photos before and after are approx 30+-feet .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The silverados are fortunate to be able to install the frx projectors. It's trial n error and you gotta have patience. Now that is just for the projectors...with the ddm kits and morimoto kit, you gotta be persistent when problems arises..im a newbie with the hids but it comes down to the connection to battery, ground, connections to each other, ballasts touching the bulbs, and ecms. I done so much reading from other hid sites that r available. No matter how you look at it motomedic is right on the money. Gotta order 2 kits for ddm...morimotos has its own troubles. They r all made overseas at a discounted $

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

A little alcohol goes a long way...thanks to moto and block8head for contributing to this thread, without there guidance and assistance , everyone would have more complications with hid installations..not to mention projectors installs.

Block8head is the first to do the fxr projectors...u the MAN!

• Like 1

I am having problems with my hi beams HID's from coming on I installed the low and hi beams kits from DDM and I have gone through these 20 pages but seems no one is installing these. I have a 2014 Silverado 6.2 LTZ I have the relay harness, error correctors, blaster and 9005 blubs. My low beams work great after missing up on passenger side hooking the bulb up black to red blew out blaster on that side. I have tried swapping out relays and fuses and reattaching up hi beam with the red to other color and black to black. My lows stay on when I try to get the hi beams on I get the blue symbol on my dash but no hi beams.

I just installed the oem high beam bulbs and they don't come on also the fog lights don't come on even with the high beams off. I have the whole front grille off and about to install it back on low beams work. Where are the fuses or relay for the high beams this is my first truck always a car guy.

it's been 6 months since installing the 55w ddm kit. 80amp relay that came with ddm kit had to be replaced twice. I replaced it with a 40amp relay better quality and no problems since. I also had the right headlight blinking rapidly so I replaced the canceller on the right side and it also happened on the left side a short while later so I also replaced the left side. both left and right side cancellers were replaced with after market from ebay and not ddm.

Exactly why I'm not "sold" on these kits...too amateur-ish right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Just spend the $ and get a Morimoto kit. Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for.

Edited by spurshot

Aside from the capacitor issues mine have been great. I ordered 2 kits but that's because I'm planning on retrofitting the fog lights. Still waiting to do that soon. Waiting till it goes to the shop to get the oil changed and oil life remaining computer module changed out. I don't feel like hearing them say that it's broken becuase of the fogs being different. So as soon as I have time to do that I'll change the fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Motomedic

Important!

My headlights will not turn on right now. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already checked all connections. I unplugged and replugged everything. Changed out the relay. Tried manually turning on the headlights. Nothing happened. I just disconnected the battery and hoping that helps. Just wanted to take the time to post while I am waiting a few minutes before reattaching battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk